Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How do you hold yourself back in life, and how do you support yourself?

How do you hold yourself back in life, and how do you support yourself?

Posted - May 2

Responses

I think if I had been a better student, I could have gone to college and become a professional of some sort.  I just never had the patience to sit in a classroom listening to things that held no interest for me, so I graduated high school and went to work in law offices as a legal secretary for the following 60 years.  As careers go, it was one of the best.  The work is interesting, the pay is better than most other secretarial positions, and for the last 32 of those years, I worked with the best boss a person could have.  

As for how I am my own support - I know I'm intelligent and articulate.  I have always been independent and rarely need or have to ask for help from others.  I am a problem-solver by nature and have learned to work through the times in my life that weren't perfect through introspection and realization that I must figure out a way to move on from disappointment. This post was edited by Spunky at May 3, 2024 10:51 PM MDT
      May 2, 2024 7:13 AM MDT

Maybe not attending college gave you the freedom to find the career that was right for you. I know numerous people with college degrees that have jobs that don't require a degree and have nothing to do with the profession they thought was going to bring them satisfaction. For example,  two brothers I know have business degrees  - one is a hair stylist, the other a personal trainer. They're in their 50s and happy with their jobs.
      May 2, 2024 8:54 AM MDT

Perhaps that was meant to be.  At any rate, I was very happy doing that.
      May 2, 2024 1:24 PM MDT

May 2, 2024 4:37 PM MDT