Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » I know you heard this before but - Howl at the moon people to let the Gods know a warrior is on the way.

I know you heard this before but - Howl at the moon people to let the Gods know a warrior is on the way.

2 years ago doctors were telling me that my wife only had a few days to live. But she proved them wrong and lived for 2 years. But this morning she passed away. She passed away comfortably in a Hospice – our oldest boy and I were by her side until she passed. It is pretty sad and one of the things I will miss is telling her my jokes I make about Trump. But if there is an afterlife maybe she will hear the new ones I make and we will laugh and laugh. Cheers!

Posted - May 3

Responses

So sorry, man. May she rest in peace.
      May 3, 2024 4:28 PM MDT

I think she will rest in peace a couple of different ways. No more pain and no more worrying about me. A couple of years ago when we thought she was going to die – her biggest fear was what will happen to me. Because I was stupid with money she figured I would neglect paying bills and have no electricity or place to live. Or I would starve to death because I didn’t know how to cook or clean. But over the years I started learning how to do those things so she knew/knows she doesn't have to worry about me and she can rest in peace. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at May 5, 2024 8:29 AM MDT
      May 3, 2024 5:22 PM MDT

Sorry for your loss. Hold tight to your children. 
      May 3, 2024 6:53 PM MDT

My children are grown men now but I will still be holding tight on them. 45 years ago when I first met my future wife I wasn’t sure if it was going to work because she was a little bit country and I was a little bit rock and roll plus she was a goody 2 shoes and I wasn’t. But we worked it out and raised a couple of good boys and I will always have our memories. Cheers!

May 3, 2024 7:54 PM MDT

Thank you for letting us know the sad news. You're a good man and she was blessed to have you. 
      May 3, 2024 7:54 PM MDT

Yeah I think it was the other way around – I was the blessed one – she changed my ways for the better. Cheers!

May 3, 2024 8:01 PM MDT

Sorry for your loss. I am sure she smiles at all your jokes even now.

This post was edited by Maurice214 at May 4, 2024 5:26 PM MDT
      May 3, 2024 8:11 PM MDT

Yep millions of smiles because I made up millions of jokes and shared them with her. And I will probably make millions more because she deserves them. One of our favorite songs was – I’ll Give You A Daisy A Day Dear – I won’t be able to do that so I will try to give her a joke a day. Cheers!

May 3, 2024 8:27 PM MDT

I am sorry to learn of your loss, you often wrote here of how much you care for her and cherish her, I wish you and your family and friends comfort and peace.
      ~

May 4, 2024 6:48 AM MDT

Thanks. Knowing she is no longer suffering has brought us some comfort and peace. Her passing has really started to sink in today and I kind of wish I could go back into that protective plastic bubble she used to keep me in. But I don’t have that luxury anymore so I will deal with it one day at a time. Cheers!

May 4, 2024 8:25 AM MDT

Nanoose, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved wife.  You had two more years than you thought and that should be of some comfort to you and your sons.  Know that you did all you could to make her happy and that you cared deeply for her.  We are all here for you if you need some moral support.  
      May 4, 2024 8:56 AM MDT

Yeah that’s how our son and I looked at it – she got to see a couple more Christmas’s with the Grand kids opening their presents and lots of other cool stuff.

2 days before she passed I bought a bunch of eggs and other foods she liked - but I’m not fond of.
    And today I got the Frasier song in my head.

Hey baby I hear the blues a-callin. Tossed salads and scrambled eggs.

Oh my.

And maybe I seem a bit confused.

Yeah maybe – but I got you pegged.

But I don’t know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs.

They’re callin again.

Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at May 6, 2024 10:48 AM MDT
      May 4, 2024 11:46 AM MDT

I'm so sorry.
      May 4, 2024 2:52 PM MDT

I remember when you first told us, and how we were all happy she still had more good times after that. A warrior, all right. All of you. I hope that sharing the brightness of her soul offers a measure of comfort, over time. We, here, will remember her too.
      May 4, 2024 4:12 PM MDT

Yeah when she first passed on I wasn’t going to make a post about it because I don’t like people feeling sorry for me or making people sad. But I am now glad I did because doing so was a comfort. Cheers!

May 5, 2024 9:56 AM MDT

Everyone has said things to which I can't add. 
    I'm with everyone's thoughts and wishes to, and for, you.

I will instead share a song. Hope that's okay.
    I've always been a huge Enya fan.
    I've always liked this song, "On My Way Home" -- both musically and lyrically, it speaks to me.

Years ago, a dear, dear friend and work colleague asked me if I had any ideas of a song that could be played at her father's funeral. She and I had used Enya's music in work projects. I shared with her this song and she loved it, too, and it was played.

I hope you might like it; maybe it can comfort a bit, too.
    I really like the still art image someone attached to the song here, too.

Be Very Well,
    WelbyQuentin

'On My Way Home'      Enya

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 12, 2024 12:05 AM MDT
      May 4, 2024 5:33 PM MDT

Thanks that is a nice song. Cheers!
      May 5, 2024 9:59 AM MDT

I like the song a lot, too.
    Still thoughts and prayers your way.
      May 11, 2024 1:10 PM MDT

I don't think I've heard this expression before, but I like it!
    Thinking of you and your family with Love and prayers for peace and comfort. 
      May 5, 2024 8:34 AM MDT

Yeah I like it too. You can use it for pets that pass on too. I like to think that in a few days when my wife’s spirit leaves it’s earthly bond she will be greeted by all the spirits of the dogs and cats that we raised. Cheers!

May 5, 2024 10:08 AM MDT

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: The last time I had to go to the big city to take care of business my wife was worried that someone was going to kill me. So to stop her from worrying I let her know that I was packing a secrete weapon. Then I pushed my big toe threw the hole in my sock – wiggled it and said grrrrrrrrrrr. My toe nail was an inch long so she could see nobody was going to mess with me. Cheers!

May 6, 2024 7:39 AM MDT

I think I have gone through the 5 stages of grief and I am thinking about moving on. They say it is best to finish with a song so I thought I would share a song that will always bring me comfort. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at May 12, 2024 12:06 AM MDT
      May 9, 2024 7:22 AM MDT

This song reminds me of the fantastic music of the 50's and 60's.
      May 9, 2024 11:10 AM MDT