Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » A bunch of Hollywood celebrities got together and made an anti-Trump ad. Do they really think we care?

A bunch of Hollywood celebrities got together and made an anti-Trump ad. Do they really think we care?

"when this many celebrities get together it must be important....."

Lol

Posted - September 24, 2016

Responses

" We" ???   Have you got a mouse in your pocket ???

September 24, 2016 7:49 AM MDT

• And if they had made an anti-Clinton ad you'd be showering them with praise.

September 24, 2016 7:51 AM MDT

Nah, I doubt they really try to reach out to you, or the other heavy Trump supporters. There will be no ears listening or eyes watching for their message, whatsoever. It will be all those doubters that they try to reach out for.

Although I must admit it's quite funny how you ask if they think you really care. Seems to me you do as you posted this question. It's kind of cute.

I wish you a lovely day 2cents.

September 24, 2016 7:52 AM MDT

I just though it was cute how they think their opinion should matter to me or anyone.  It never has on any subject. They are actors...I don't care about the political opinion even when they agree with me.

The line about "when some many celebreties get together it must be important" was kind of the really you think you matter that much moment.

September 24, 2016 8:21 AM MDT

Cute. I'm sure you're right. Reagan would have had a hard time with you around the voters back then. ;-)

September 24, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

No I don't care what Hollywood actors think about politics....even when they agree with me.

September 24, 2016 8:30 AM MDT

I mean "we" as in the American people.

September 24, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

What EXACTLY is your specific complaint?

Would you react this way to an ad paid for by the Sheldon Adleson, the Koch Brothers, et al.? Nah, I didn't think so. Yet their money pays for far more political advertising than the "Hollywood celebrities" you complain about.

So, it appears your beef is with the SOURCE of the ad, not the content (whatever the content's merits).

I think we know what is going on here.  For you, "Hollywood celebreties" = TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ. Hence, the substance of their position is irrelevant to you because they are TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ.

Hey, it's a free country. You can engage in any kind of cognitive fallacy and/or improper inferential practice you like. Just don't complain when people of other political stripes are similarly dismissive of political claims you support for similarly bigoted reasons.

September 24, 2016 8:35 AM MDT

No I had  never even heard of the source of the  ad.  I just don't see why actors think anyone should care what they think about a political candidate.  I don't care. I also don't put stock in endorsements either.

And again as I have told you before I don't use that kind of language--that is your domain.

September 24, 2016 8:44 AM MDT

If an actor turns into a politican that is different. Their opinion matter then only because they are asking for the people to vote for them.

September 24, 2016 8:46 AM MDT

@m2c --- News flash: basically ALL political adverting includes actors. Even if the politicians themselves appear in ads, they are reading off scripts and if they blow a take, it is redone until they get one they like.

So, your complaint about actors in political ads is bascially null.

And if your complaint about the actors creating an ad is "Why should I listen to what an actor has to say about politics?", I can equally turn it around and say "Why should I care what YOU have to say about politics. What special knowledge or expertise do you bring to the table?"

Or, more pertinently, let's substitute any other group identifier for "Hollywood celebrities" in your construct.

Why should I care that a bunch of Jews got together and made a political ad.

Why should I care that a bunch of Texans got together and made a political ad.

Why should I care that a bunch of NRA members got together and made a political ad.

Etc., etc., etc.

Unless you offer a more substantive reason why TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ...er, Hollywood celebrities are particularly unqualfied to offer political opinions, their behavior should bother you no more than any other group offering up political rhetoric. And yet it does.

The above suggests (as I previously asserted) you have a prejudicial mental construct about Hollywood celebrities...and I'm pretty sure it's NOT focused on the conservative political activism of Tom Selleck, Gary Sinise, the late Charleton Heston, the late Ronald Reagan, et al.

September 24, 2016 9:02 AM MDT

Well the way I see it is even if their anti Trump message reaches one person then it's important. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 24, 2016 9:13 AM MDT

They will say and do anything for a few bucks, Don't pay any attention to them.

September 24, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

I have never said anyone should listen to me on politics.  I am not making an ad for or against anyone.  Like I said the line that I found most interesting is in my question.  About some many celebs getting together it must be  important.  
    I don't care about celeb or any other endorsements myself.  I think for myself.  Yes there are some conservative celebs I still don't care what they think either.

September 24, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

@m2c -- If you don't think anyone should listen to you with respect to political topics, why do you post so many questions (including this one) on Answermug and respond to other people's questions? Just to hear yourself talk? For typing practice?

C'mon, that's bulls**t and you know it. You have opinions, you think they are valid, and you want to convince others of their correctness (just as I do).

Unfortunately, this particular political opinion of yours is based upon a bigoted construct ("TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES IS STOOPID...AND EBIL!"), and you don't like having that pointed out to you, so you are frantically engaging in ego defense to avoid having to admit it, which is kind of silly.

I'll freely admit I'm prejudiced against any position advocated by The Cato Institute. The difference is I can explain WHY I find their positions without merit, not just because they originated from The Cato Institute.

You have yet to offer any justification for dismissing the political views of TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES other than the mere fact that STOOPID EBIL HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES are offering them.

If you have a problem with that being pointed out to you, I suggest you either get over it, or come up with a more rational justification for rejecting the views of the Hollywood Celebrities in question (such a providing evidence why their views on Donald Trump are misguided).

September 24, 2016 9:31 AM MDT

Yes I have opinions and have no problem voicing them. But no one should simply take my opinion or anyone else's as fact without looking in the issue. Seeing what was actually said or done and where the spin is.

As I have said I don't value endorsements even from people/politicians who I happen to agree with.  My first choice was Huckabee...I am sure he endorsed someone after he dropped out both times but I really don't know who it was and don't care. I look at the facts and who I agree with on the issues more.  I have never used the words TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL...other than quoting you, even with correct spelling. You are the one who likes to call names not me.

September 24, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

I don't pay much attention to any endorsements.  Just was amused at the if this many of us get together it must be important....quote in it. 

September 24, 2016 9:52 AM MDT

Fair enough.  Do endorsements enfluence you, Nanoose?

September 24, 2016 9:53 AM MDT

Compare it to Live Aid. A group of celebs can emphasize an attention. You might not be caught, or if in a negative way (as we obviously see). Others though might stop and find it worth listening. Ads, as television shows, as political rallies among others are free to follow or ignore for the spectators.

September 24, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

;-)

September 24, 2016 10:22 AM MDT

I like to think  endorsement don't  enflluence me but who knows maybe some of the things I believe  in steamed from an endorsement. Cheers and happy weekend!

September 24, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

Wrong.  I never care what celebs think about anything.  They are hardly role models, but they always have access to a microphone.  A pity.

September 24, 2016 1:00 PM MDT

September 24, 2016 1:01 PM MDT

For once I totally agree with you ;-))

September 24, 2016 1:17 PM MDT