Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » I realize AnswerMug is under construction, but when I tried to get in with my "sign-in" I cou;dn't obtain it . Once should be plenty (?).

I realize AnswerMug is under construction, but when I tried to get in with my "sign-in" I cou;dn't obtain it . Once should be plenty (?).

Posted - October 5, 2016

Responses

I'm strictly guessing here, but what I think is happening is that, with each attempt on the part of the Dev to fix some bit of code, he or she kicks everyone out of the system by default.  Until the tweaking is done, this will continue to be an issue.  Once it's done, the sign-in problem will go away.

In short, patience is a virtue. :-)
      October 5, 2016 2:02 PM MDT

I got in, but I can't get into any of the "my group" sites either! They're all marked "private".

Not only that, but we are supposed to have our friends remove the "Privacy" note.

I can't post or print if I can't get in! Who do we contact?
      October 5, 2016 2:10 PM MDT

• Are your groups private ones?  I had to ask about a similar problem someone was having in my group.   JA said private groups are tied with adult network and a person needs to join it to get into them.
      October 5, 2016 2:13 PM MDT

No adult groups. One was one that had plenty of activity before these changes and it was still listed under my groups.

MaryJanine.
      October 5, 2016 3:08 PM MDT

I am having a lot of the same issues.  I have to sign in often.  I assume it's a glitch.  

I can't get into the one group that is private.  Again I assume these are things I need to wait and see on.
      October 5, 2016 2:36 PM MDT

Chiming in to address a couple things... Log-in issues... Some of the emails were not marked as www with www.answerMug.com, so if you logged in under www, and clicked an email that didn't have it, the site wouldn't recognize you were logged in. That has been fixed as of this morning. 

Those who are entering under beta.answermug.com will continue to have the issue. I have only told people who could not clear their cache to come in this way. It's not ideal, but if they can't fix the tech issues on their end, at least it gets them in. If you are one of these folks, please keep checking to see if you can come in under answermug.com (no beta) and change how you enter the site as soon as your cache clears on its own. In this respect, there is nothing I can do to help. It is an issue local to the device/ browser the person is using. 

As far as groups go, I added a notice above all the groups, but I will say it here, too. Anyone who wants to see adult groups must complete their profile information and then join the adult network. On our old site, you had to apply to enter these groups and wait for an admin to approve you. Now, you need only join the adult network and you can automatically gain entry to any of the adult groups- no waiting. It also hides all the adult content from minors and those who don't want to see it, so it's a super big win, even though it requires an extra step initially for some.

With that said, we have more than 300 groups and every single one came in with privacy settings that prevented posting and viewing. I literally have to go into every single group and manually change these settings. I have already spent several hours doing this and I'm guessing I'm about halfway done. I'm putting them in the correct categories as I go, so I made it through entertainment, I think... and I will be back at it in just a few minutes. I expect to have them squared away by the end of today.

You can use the groups right away. You can also make new groups. I will approve them as quickly as I can. This post was edited by Just Asking at October 5, 2016 4:45 PM MDT
      October 5, 2016 2:47 PM MDT

• You must have the patience of a saint.   I would have punched my computer and quit a long time ago.
      October 5, 2016 3:01 PM MDT

I am normally a patient person. I just couldn't see how one day I can have no problems and the next a refusal.
    ]

October 5, 2016 3:12 PM MDT

MJ, the groups did not import right, so we had to strip away all our extra coding that made them nicer and then bring them in after the rest of the data. Then, we had to add in the code that hid the adult groups and made the groups searchable/ categorized. So, yes, your groups are affected by this. You need to join the adult network, as I've explained and as the instructions say when you click on the groups tab.
      October 5, 2016 6:39 PM MDT

Thank-you for the thorough reply.  It's well appreciated.
      October 5, 2016 4:45 PM MDT