Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How does one delete comments after they're read?

How does one delete comments after they're read?

q

Posted - October 5, 2016

Responses

If you're viewing them in the pop out that appears when you click the bell, they go away when you click them once. If you're viewing them on the notifications page, you can clear them a page at a time with the "Mark All as Read" button on the bottom of the list.
      October 5, 2016 8:34 PM MDT

• It doesn't work for me either way.  I just been silently dealing with it, but since the issue came up.
      October 5, 2016 8:40 PM MDT

What happens for you and what browser or device are you using? I haven't had this issue, but if I can isolate to the way a browser is behaving, we can troubleshoot it.
      October 5, 2016 8:46 PM MDT

• Nothing happens to them.  They just remain.   I'm using Palemoon most of the time here.
      October 5, 2016 9:07 PM MDT

Ah... I have never even heard of that browser. I suspect you're getting a whole host of unique issues because it's not a browser we tested on. We ran the site in IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera... maybe more, but not that one. The info I found on yours says it's derived from FireFox. I wonder if FF itself has issues with clearing the alerts. I will play around with it some and make sure what browsers it's happening on and then throw it on the dev list. 
      October 5, 2016 9:49 PM MDT

I use Firefox, Baidu (Chrome), and IE and the same thing for me sort of.  About one out of three will disappear.  I'm talking aout 'notifications' no comments (but I think she meant notifications).  If I go to the main notification page (not the popup by bell) and click 'mark all as read' nothing happens that I can see. 
      October 6, 2016 12:51 AM MDT

Interesting. It is on the list now, so hopefully we'll get it squared away soon-ish. (Aiming for the most vital things first.)
      October 6, 2016 2:09 AM MDT

Of course, and thanks.  Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't post a thank you because it makes you click on that notification for just a thank you when you know I'm thankful for your help.   Whew!  That was a mouthful. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 6, 2016 3:03 PM MDT
      October 6, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

• Yeah I guessed that might be part of it.  Oh so, reply updates don't erase from my tracker but notifications about someone liking my post does.

(I promise when Palemoon interacts correctly I will switch to another odd-duck browser for you to get busy with. ^_^)
      October 6, 2016 4:52 AM MDT

• Explorer.  I click the messages but see to way to delete what I've read.
      October 5, 2016 11:37 PM MDT

There isn't an actual delete button, but I've asked the dev to include it in later changes. 
      October 6, 2016 12:35 AM MDT

• Same here. They do not go away after I have clicked them and they do not go away when I mark them as 'read'. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 6, 2016 5:06 AM MDT
      October 6, 2016 5:06 AM MDT