Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Games » The AnswerMug Games section has clones of other copyrighted games. Why not something similar to Tetris?

The AnswerMug Games section has clones of other copyrighted games. Why not something similar to Tetris?

It has a ConnectFour clone. I'm pretty sure they copyrighted it, but if the name is changed and whatnot, they're able to use it? I wonder if AnswerMug would look into if it's possible to create a Tetris clone so that Muggers could play it. Not sure if they could go so far as to do the multiplayer version, but if NullpoMino can get away with being a Tetris clone, then AnswerMug should be able to get away with having a Tetris clone too I guess. Not sure. But worth checking out. It's such a classic.

Posted - October 9, 2016

Responses

Here ya go... "Tritris." http://www.answermug.com/game/36
      October 9, 2016 1:09 PM MDT

Ooh... try Halloween Pumpkins. http://www.answermug.com/game/37 It's like sideways Tetris, but spooky.
      October 9, 2016 1:20 PM MDT

I wouldn't call it sideways tetris, but it does have interesting mechanics. Tritris is very, very interesting though :D
      October 10, 2016 8:15 AM MDT

Yay!
      October 10, 2016 8:10 AM MDT

OMG Asdjjfjk;dfjg THIS IS THE COOLEST VERSION OF TETRIS I'VE EVER PLAYED
    And I've played a LOT of tetris. 
    This is worth sharing to the Tetris forum.
      October 10, 2016 8:14 AM MDT

What made it better than the others?
      October 10, 2016 11:35 AM MDT

The fact you have to control 3 at once. I've been looking for a version like this for a while, actually. 
      October 10, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

I just wish it had a hold function for each window, hard dropping function, and SRS system (i.e. T-spins are possible). 
      October 10, 2016 12:00 PM MDT

Our games come from a third-party provider, so I don't have a hand in any of the development. Kind of like how Facebook has games from Pyzam and such. However, I will forward your comment on to them and maybe they will make improvements. 
      October 10, 2016 12:05 PM MDT