Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Did you know that today was "Leif Ericsson Day?

Did you know that today was "Leif Ericsson Day?

Also Columbus Day and Indigenous People's Day. What else could it be?

Posted - October 10, 2016

Responses

Actually that is on Oct. 10 this year.
      October 12, 2016 4:18 PM MDT

Well, I'll be darned.  The total Irony.

I wonder if there is an Amerigo Vespucci day?   I guess the ruling is in now that Amerigo did NOT discover America after all.   Bummer.

I want the name changed then to either Liefland or Columbo*, America is a LIE.

*I mean for Columbus, not the great Peter Falk.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/people/history/explorers-travelers-and-conquerors-biographies/amerigo-vespucci

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 10, 2016 8:15 PM MDT
      October 10, 2016 8:11 PM MDT

• Leif Erikson - North America (not America)
      October 10, 2016 9:52 PM MDT

• "World Mental Health Day"  -  Oct. 10
      October 10, 2016 8:24 PM MDT

I shall call my son...I am Eric.
      October 10, 2016 8:57 PM MDT

October 10, 2016 9:25 PM MDT

Hug A Drummer Day
    Hug a Drummer Day is celebrated all around the world in order to pay tribute to and show appreciation for the drummers in bands. Because drummers sit at the very back of the stage during...

World Homeless Day
    World Homeless Day was born out of discussions between aid workers around the world, all of whom were helping the homeless in their own countries. The aim and slogan of the Day is 'locals act locally...

Handbag Day
    It's no secret that many women love handbags, sometimes perhaps a little too much, but who would have thought that it would ever get to the point where an entire day of the year would be put aside...

World Porridge Day
    There’s a rich and delicious food that’s made from that most healthful of grains, Oats. It’s warm and filling thick and toothsome, and is the foundation of breakfast for people all over the...

SHIFT10 Day
    It wasn’t all that long ago that the local business was the foundation of our shopping experience. Ma and Pop shops, local craftsman and farmers, these were all part of a towns local flavor, and...

Cake Decorating Day
    Bakery and cake decoration are popular hobbies, and Cake Decorating Day is all about going wild. Cupcake culture suggests that we all need to be making edible cake structures, monuments and...

Native American Day
    Native American Day commemorates crimes committed against native Americans, and encourages people to learn about and respect the cultures of historical and modern native Americans.

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/
      October 10, 2016 9:42 PM MDT

Drummers should be hugged...most of them are homeless.
      October 11, 2016 6:55 AM MDT

No I didn't know that was on Oct. 9. I knew there was a day for him but I didn't know the exact date.
    I'm guessing you know he was the first European to come to North America, 500 years ahead of Christopher Columbus.
      October 12, 2016 4:21 PM MDT