Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » EPAllie called. She wants her web site back.

EPAllie called. She wants her web site back.

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

Who the hell????
      October 11, 2016 10:20 AM MDT

Lolz...

October 11, 2016 10:32 AM MDT

https://relatetothat.com/viewStory?story=7EB532AEF980C36170C0B4426F082B87
      October 11, 2016 7:37 PM MDT

Too much praise I'd say. Lol. :-)
      October 11, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

I liked EPKimi before she left EP, before EP closed. EPKimi was the nicest mod on EP. But lol EPAllie x'D Talk about a bot moderator. 
      October 12, 2016 7:55 AM MDT

EPKimi changed over time. I cannot say if it was her person, or the whole situation up to the point where she left. She would let personal attacks pass by the end and I stopped caring for any reporting from that point. The new mods were too young, too inexperienced and so much not aware of what they were dealing with. Moderation was organised and lead by private police malicious flagging anyone they did not like, or who they felt talked with the wrong persons on EP, they operated with shared lists on who to flag. The moderation team, including Kimi were aware about this but let them do it. It was a really, really awful moderated site. The automated flagging system only made it worse. I only miss some of the people I used to talk with. That will be about it.
      October 12, 2016 8:01 AM MDT

I don't miss the moderation team at all. Gosh the moderation was hell. I just miss everything else about EP's layout and what you could do on it. AM won't replace EP for me, ever. 
      October 12, 2016 8:16 AM MDT

I don't look at aM as an replacement. If I was looking for an replacement I'd be walking over to SW like a lot of others have done. EP was EP and there will be no other, for good and for bad... aM is something different and it took me some time to really get into the way things run here. Moderation did really suck there. Oh my, it was bad. Lol.
      October 12, 2016 8:19 AM MDT

I joined AM soon after EP crashed but everything was so chaotic that I sort of left AM as soon as I found it. I'm pining for EP now so I'm like... fine. Fine, I'll check AM out. It's not bad, but I wish it was more active :/ the feed is dominated by me and RosieG. :/ 
      October 12, 2016 8:23 AM MDT

It varies over the day as far as i have seen. But sure, we could use more regular posters. :-)
      October 12, 2016 8:26 AM MDT

EP was so active at any time of the day. I also miss my "fame" on EP. I liked that people looked up to me. It made me feel like I was actually making a difference in people's lives. 
      October 12, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

A lot of the traffic was awful. The trolls looking for a fight. The teens asking if we had missed them the last fifteen minutes they weren't around. All the "I look for a lady with big breasts to talk with". The Korean spammers. I think I did in fact not reply on more questions than I do here, including the adultMug and a few other groups. It's still posible to have longer threads going and interact with people. 

As for fame, I had the opposite wish on EP not to be noted, but simply be allowed being me which I managed for the larger part with my last account there. I guess the fame will build up again with time ISS. And really fast if you keep up your production as for the last day or two. The question will always be, what do we want to be known for... It depends a lot on how we post/comment/interact with others. You will do fine, and it will take less time. :-)
      October 12, 2016 8:37 AM MDT

There were a lot of negative things about EP but I remember a lot of the positive--the few legitimate questions that were asked--the few that actually asked for genuine help, I was always so happy to help them out. I got genuinely depressed (that reminds me to take my meds) when EP shut down because a part of my life that was so dear to me was shut down. 

I didn't initially plan to be EP famous. It just... happened. I became that obnoxious space nerd that everyone either loved because I provided some actual intellectual discourse, or hated because they were anti-intellectual. Seeing that my mere presence would cause discussion was really interesting. I've had one-a-many intellectual conversations on there, and it was an ego boost from both the "I'm surrounded by idiots" and "My intelligence is actually respected" perspectives. 

I hope soon I'll regain my "obnoxious science nerd" title since I'm spamming science facts to the feed :P 

October 12, 2016 8:46 AM MDT

For all it counts, I do remember you and I found you a lovely nerd. And I do appreciate other questions than the political ones. Also when it's questions I do not know how to answer. Just the reading of words can be such a pleasure and relief at times. :-)
      October 12, 2016 9:07 AM MDT

I'm glad I'm remembered fondly ^_^ 
    And hehe if you're ever confused by my posts, ask away and I'll be happy to explain, as usual ^_^
      October 12, 2016 9:12 AM MDT

I'm anything but a scientific nerd. I really do not understand much about it, but I do love reading your posts and sometimes I even get some of it. We never used to interact much on EP. There were very few questions I could give you assistance. Not interacting isn't the same as not noticing. 
      October 12, 2016 9:18 AM MDT

Hehehe well we interact here now :)
      October 12, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

We sure do. We have done on a few occasions before. It might have been while I had another screen name or maybe even back when I had my second last profile at EP. Anyway. Here we are, interacting. Lol.
      October 12, 2016 9:24 AM MDT

I suppose that's what matters in the end :P Interaction is fun :V I've changed a lot since EP shut down but I remain fundamentally the same. Still a spastic nerd :P
      October 12, 2016 9:27 AM MDT

Haha. Nice ISS. I was happy to see you get active here. I think a portion of you, some more active posters including myself and we will be very good on our way here. :-D
      October 12, 2016 9:30 AM MDT

It's just weird when just a few users dominate the question page. Oh well--all the more time for me to spam science! 
      October 12, 2016 9:32 AM MDT

Enjoy, obnoxious science nerd! :-P
      October 12, 2016 9:41 AM MDT