Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Miley Cyrus says she is pansexual. Well there is Hetero/Homo/Bi. What is Pan? Or has Miley invented a whole new sexual orientation?

Miley Cyrus says she is pansexual. Well there is Hetero/Homo/Bi. What is Pan? Or has Miley invented a whole new sexual orientation?

Posted - October 12, 2016

Responses

Pansexual is a term that means attracted to ALL human beings, regardless of whether they're male, female, transmale, transfemale, or whatever else their gender/parts may be. I'm pansexual (to an extent). I'm not into any feminine type because I hate femininity. But yeah. Pansexual is essentially trans-inclusive bisexuality. 

TBH this whole idpol thing gives me a headache... 
      October 12, 2016 7:22 AM MDT

Thank you very much for your reply ISS. I get it now. :)
      October 12, 2016 7:41 AM MDT

No problem :P It took me a while to understand this. Trust me I have no idea what some of these genders are. idpol has gone to far IMO. 
      October 12, 2016 7:51 AM MDT
  • D&D

Pansexual means you're not attracted to someone because of their penis or vagina. It means it's not the genitalia you're attracted to. Being a straight boy means you're attracted to vagina, and a straight girl likes penis. 

Miley did not create the term.
      October 12, 2016 7:26 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply D&D and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      October 12, 2016 7:41 AM MDT

What is the difference between bisexual and terms like pansexual, polysexual, omnisexual, ambisexual, and fluid?

Bisexuality describes anyone whose attractions are not limited to one sex. The term comes to us from the world of science and describes a person with both homosexual (lit. same sex) and heterosexual (lit. different sex) attractions. It is an open and inclusive word that describes a diverse group of people with a wide variety of experiences around same-sex and different-sex attractions. As a scientific term, bisexual is not just an identity label; it is also a sexual orientation that can describe a set of behaviors.

Identity labels like pansexual, polysexual, omnisexual, and ambisexual also describe a person with homosexual and heterosexual attractions, and therefore people who have chosen those labels are also bisexual. By replacing the prefix bi – (two, both) with pan- (all), poly- (many), omni- (all), ambi- (both, and implying ambiguity in this case), people who adopt these self-identities seek to clearly express the fact that gender does not factor into their own sexuality, or that they are specifically attracted to trans, genderqueer, and other people who may or may not fit into the mainstream gender categories of male and female. This does not mean, however, that people who identify as bisexual are fixated on traditional notions of gender.

The term fluid expresses the fact that the balance of a person’s homosexual and heterosexual attractions exists in a state of flux and changes over time. Usually, but not always, people who describe their sexuality as fluid are bi people whose attractions skew very heavily towards one gender. The terms Heteroflexible and homoflexible add a further level of specificity, by indicating whether the bisexual person’s attractions skew almost exclusively towards same-sex or different-sex individuals.

Ressource: bisexual.org
      October 12, 2016 7:32 AM MDT

Thank you for the very thorough and informative reply SH. I appreciate it . I guess I lead a very sheltered life! Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :)
      October 12, 2016 7:42 AM MDT

I had to go through some phases understanding my own sexuality and spent some time reading. Happy Wednesday Rosie. :-)
      October 12, 2016 7:49 AM MDT

There is nothing new about stupidity. A human either has an X chromosome and a Y chromosome and is a girl, or two X chromosomes and is a boy. There are no other combinations.
      October 12, 2016 12:43 PM MDT

There is such things as hormone production that influences us too. Your approach is way to simplistic. You know, once the earth was flat. Sighs.
      October 12, 2016 1:09 PM MDT

Yes, I know the feeling. There is reality, and then there are all those people who think they have a better idea.

But since the question has come up, Pan was a goat god who played a flute, although he was famous for being horny. People who heard any sort of a whistle in the wilderness would feel a fear which they called "Panic". I would post a picture, but they are not family safe. This post was edited by Not Sure at October 12, 2016 9:59 PM MDT
      October 12, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

Whatever. Here is one for you, and it's all family room proof...

October 12, 2016 11:12 PM MDT

Maybe she gets a thrill when it boils over? But that's rather perverse, being physically attracted to kitchenware . . .
      October 12, 2016 12:55 PM MDT

Truly funny, not. I hope it made you feel better, because there will be no other use of your boiling over...
      October 12, 2016 1:12 PM MDT

Awww. Did I hurt your "widdle feewings . . ."

Cyrus does crap like this for one reason, and one reason only. Her publicity agent has told her to act that way because of the "passing a car wreck" effect. People will stop and stare; no other reason.

And sorry, I don't buy into the political correct bullshit for a very minuscule and meaningless portion of the populace.
      October 12, 2016 2:37 PM MDT

This isn't about PC... Never mind, it will pass over your head. Ciao.
      October 12, 2016 2:40 PM MDT

• The passing the car wreck effect. That's pretty good. Something so purposely awful and out of place, that you have to look at it. Sort of like this response, which says worse about its author than anything it could possibly say about a certain minuscule and meaningless portions of the populace.
      October 12, 2016 3:02 PM MDT

Isaiah 5:20
    Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

You know that's what you have when people start insulting people who disagree instead of offering actual persuasion.
      October 14, 2016 12:10 AM MDT

Oh... Like... "widdle feewings..."

Okay, I get it... Careful when looking into that mirror...
      October 14, 2016 12:36 AM MDT

??

Did you click the wrong link?
      October 14, 2016 9:57 AM MDT

October 14, 2016 10:11 AM MDT