Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do You See Any Point At All in Voting This 'Election' Cycle?

Do You See Any Point At All in Voting This 'Election' Cycle?

No matter how you vote the result will be the same: freedom and constitutionally limited government will die that much more. Knowing that, what's the point?

This election cycle/season SHOULD go down as having the lowest participation rate in history...but in all likelihood the reverse will be true. Why?

Posted - October 17, 2016

Responses

A huge man walks up to you and announces he's going to rape and then kill the woman across the street. He says you get to 'vote' on the method he uses to dispatch his victim.  The cops are too far away and the guy's much bigger than you.  You have only two choices; vote on the method of the woman's execution or walk away.  Which do you choose?
      October 17, 2016 1:52 PM MDT

I have some hope because I really believe that trump is an outsider to the corrupt political system and he comes at time that is pivotal where the public is seeing corruption that cannot be denied in black and white on print. I do not know what will happen if trump wins but I know that if hillary wins than she will do all she can to crack down on any leaks or transparency. You are right and I have failed to vote at times in the past and I will be sure to vote now because I think now is different. So for your metaphor I would vote for the method of the woman's death and my vote would be for whatever method had the best chance of chaos or failure because then there is still hope for the woman to survive. I do not think trump is so great but I think he is that vote for chaos that could cause the establishment to make a wrong step and the country could survive.
      October 17, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

Good answer!   I wholly disagree, but good answer!
      October 17, 2016 2:00 PM MDT

Apparently you are a lib, and nothing that I say will make a difference with you, however, how can you possibly vote for a woman who is surrounded by so much controversial stuff, as to make one dizzy, all the lies she has told, the killings that are attached to her name, the fact that she is pro abortion up to the third trimester, is tied to foreign money, against the good of the American people, wants to reduce our rights to bear arms and on and on ad nauseum. 
      October 17, 2016 2:22 PM MDT

"Apparently you are a lib, and nothing that I say will make a difference with you..."

ROTFLMAO! Dude, you could not possibly be MORE WRONG!

But this is a banner day for me! I'm saving a link to your post for all the nimrod runners up who swear I'm a Trump fan Don't bother changing the text, either, 'cuz I just took a snapshot of it.
      October 17, 2016 3:30 PM MDT

Just for the record , I am a dudette!! LOL........
      October 18, 2016 12:17 AM MDT

I see a point in doing whatever it takes to make sure Trump is not in that Oval office no matter what small part I can play.  
      October 17, 2016 3:31 PM MDT

Look up.  OMG, somebody just called me a liberal!  BwwwwAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      October 17, 2016 3:34 PM MDT

October 17, 2016 5:00 PM MDT

1. Are you saying no one needs to vote? That's insane! 78% of registered Texans are voting this election. That's better than many states. I'm voting! 
    2. More people vote during presidential elections.
    3. Of course, Republucans discourage democrats to vote, because it makes it easier for them to win.
    4. Since hardly anyone likes Trump, I think Hillary will win, however, I do encourage everyone to vote. If you don't, you have no reason to complain if you don't like something. 
    5. Another thing, we should also vote for people in Congress that are running. That's important as well. We need a Congress that will work with the president. 
      October 17, 2016 5:21 PM MDT

3.  Of course the same isn't true of Democrats, though...right?

October 17, 2016 6:22 PM MDT

OH NO!  A TRUTH BOMB!!  :-)
      October 17, 2016 9:11 PM MDT

@Bozette, how do I know this isn't a scripted play made by Republicans?
      October 18, 2016 10:56 AM MDT

The same people that went undercover on that video also did so with these two.  One of the main players in these two is very clearly who they claim he is, as you can see from his Linked In page.  Despite the fact that the MSM is ignoring this...this is a bit difficult to deny.

October 18, 2016 2:27 PM MDT

"1. Are you saying no one needs to vote? That's insane! "

No.  I'm saying that to do so is completely pointless.  As for 'insanity,' your penchant for questioning the psychological status of those who disagree with you has been duly noted. Again.

"2. More people vote during presidential elections."

Yes...because their grade school civics teacher told them it was some kind of 'duty.'  To both I say horse hockey!

"3. Of course, Republucans discourage democrats to vote, because it makes it easier for them to win."

Right.  And a vote for X is really a vote for Y. :-D

"4. Since hardly anyone likes Trump, I think Hillary will win, however, I do encourage everyone to vote. If you don't, you have no reason to complain if you don't like something. "

One, Hillary will win regardless.  There simply aren't enough traditionalist Americans with traditionalist values to get a man like Trump elected.  That, added to Obama's demographic time bomb, has made a Hillary win a dead certainty.

Two, you have that last sentence reversed: the only ones who retain the right to complain are the ones who do not participate in a broken, corrupt, rigged, tyrannical and barbaric system.

"5. Another thing, we should also vote for people in Congress that are running. That's important as well. We need a Congress that will work with the president.  "

Would I be accurate in assuming you're not much of a fan of U.S. history?  You do know that the exact opposite was what the framers had in mind, right?  They wanted Congress (the legislative branch) and the presidency (the executive branch) to act in opposition to one another.  Google 'checks and balances.'

October 17, 2016 9:10 PM MDT

• No. It is pointless, just like life.
      October 17, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

Life is real. Politics is a sham. :-)
      October 17, 2016 9:13 PM MDT

I have never missed a vote since i was 18 and I wont start now! I believe if you dont vote you cant bitch about the results! It is our right that many men and women have died for so we could have it and to stay home that is such a shame! 
      October 17, 2016 10:50 PM MDT