Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Best Cure for Washington Corruption Is _____________ ?

The Best Cure for Washington Corruption Is _____________ ?

The leading suggestions are numbered below.  You can respond with a number corresponding to your choice, or add one of your own:

1. Vote ALL the ba$tards out!
  2. Constitutional Convention
  3. Revolution or civil war
  4. Divine intervention (i.e., the 'second coming')
  5. A suitcase nuke-carrying terrorist
  6. A boxcar-sized asteroid to go bolide right over the Washington Monument (a/k/a Tower of Sauron/satan's phallus.

Posted - October 17, 2016

Responses

Let's just say I'm a loyal member of the Asteroid Society.  I mean, if we can't have the aliens abduct every government official on earth, #6 will suffice.

October 17, 2016 3:53 PM MDT

October 17, 2016 5:12 PM MDT

Good choice! :-)
      October 17, 2016 6:02 PM MDT

Well voting them all out seems like the most democratic thing to do but that would probably take years. I don't know what a Constitutional Convention is but it sounds pretty good so thats a maybe. A Revolution thats kind of like that Occupy Wall street thing might work - but even though I would likely profit if there was a civil war in the US  I hope it never happens. I'm not holding my breath for any Divine intervention but on the other hand I pray there is no nuke. I'm a little unsure about the astroid thing because it could have some kind of weird mineral in it that gives Trump and Hillary Super Powers. Having aliens adduct ever Government official seems like the most logical answer but that would be against the Prime Directive and i think that Captain Kirk would agree with me that breaking the Prim Directive cannot be an option. Cheers!
      October 17, 2016 6:12 PM MDT

Right...so I'll put you down for the asteroid strike.  Good deal. :-D
      October 17, 2016 9:44 PM MDT

I do not know. In other countries the corruption is more accessible to people who are not rich. You pay the policeman a small bribe and he ignores some infraction. That is not how it works here because those with some authority are watched more closely and it is known that is not acceptable and I am glad because that is not a good way for a society to be. But here there are those with authority over those others with authority and somewhere on this ladder there is a place where corruption starts.  It is higher here and it is usually out of sigh and out of the price range of most people. Whenever there is corruption we rely on oversight to stop it but then oversight people become corrupt too. The answer maybe is not adding more layers to become corrupt. The ladder has to become a circle somehow so the lowest person getting a speeding ticket can see the highest person is not making a deal to get out of jail time for her role in government corruption.
      October 17, 2016 7:41 PM MDT

I'm voting for a constitutional convention. They recently came up with amendments to try to rein in the federal government.
      October 18, 2016 5:45 AM MDT

Iron clad term limits which would end the lobbyist game. All political offices, 4 years and that is it. You can not run or hold political office in any capacity after this, either on a city, state or federal level. No pensions, just true public service, the way the framers intended it to be. Outlaw any money for speeches after they leave office. No more fund raising for reelections, corruption ends.  
      October 18, 2016 7:01 AM MDT

October 19, 2016 6:42 AM MDT

Hello T:

Sex, and LOTS of it.  If our relatives figured that out, why can't we?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-dawn/201202/7-things-bonobos-can-teach-us-about-love-and-sex

excon
      October 19, 2016 6:49 AM MDT