Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Want A New Car? This Guy's Got a Great Way to Get Rid of Your Old One :-)

Want A New Car? This Guy's Got a Great Way to Get Rid of Your Old One :-)

Posted - October 17, 2016

Responses

OH, the ideas that sprang to mind as I watched this video are absolutely devilish! :-)

Got a noisy neighbor?
    How 'bout a bully boss?
    A two-timing spouse or partner?

Need I say more? :-)
      October 17, 2016 5:56 PM MDT

To me, the video's action all seemed a bit too "slick," somehow. I didn't quite buy that it was representing what the host proposes. The first guy, alone, observes the car, gets in, gets out. Then he must have gone and found a bunch of other people to join him and they all go back and wreck the car. The first guy is with the second group, too, I believe.

Eh, but that's just my first reaction. Of course, it could all be true.

I'm not totally sold on either presidential candidate but I stopped behind a pickup truck this evening at a stop sign. The rear bumper had a sticker with a photo of Hillary Clinton and it said "Vote No for this Bi*ch." He failed with me. His sticker did not make me want to jump on his pickup and vote for Trump. (And, like so much of this campaign, the sticker says not so much to vote for Trump,  just don't vote for Clinton. And/or not so much to vote for Clinton, just don't vote for Trump.)

My write-in ticket ~
    President Atticus Finch
    Vice-President Edith Bunker

~ my two favorite fictional characters and I think the two of them would make a great pair -- Finch's experience and even-headedness and Edith's incredible sense of love and open-mindedness to all situations and people. These two are based in fiction --  just like so many moments of this election season to me.

My diatribe is over. Geez - - sorry!

Your commentary on the video is great, Transquesta!
    :)
      October 17, 2016 6:18 PM MDT

I dunno if it's 'real' or not, but that it was staged was made clear the author.  As for most of your initial points, you do realize that a) the first guy was on his cell phone calling his buds, and b) that there was a hidden mic in the car, right?

Thanks for the voluminous reply and kudos, though. :-)
      October 17, 2016 8:35 PM MDT

Thanks for your reply, Transquesta!
    Yeah, I knew it was staged -- that the author had wanted to purposely put the car there.  No, I didn't pay so close attention to the details I guess!
    - - I thought the first guy was talking to himself! Ha! And I couldn't catch what he was saying.
    My comments were more of just a general first reaction (which is not always the best thing to put in print, ha!)
    The action all just looked staged somehow to me - practiced and maybe rather polite, in a way, in spite of the violence.

Thanks, again, for replying to my answer.

October 18, 2016 11:29 AM MDT

It was staged.  FAIL
      October 17, 2016 6:24 PM MDT

It had that look to me, too.

(Off the subject ~ I'm going to the book store this week- - I'm buying "Beach Music" this time!)

October 17, 2016 6:35 PM MDT

By Pat Conroy?  I loved all of his books that I read, that one included.
      October 17, 2016 6:49 PM MDT

Yes, that's the author!
      October 17, 2016 6:53 PM MDT

I'm going to have to dig out my copy and reread it, now.  :)
      October 17, 2016 7:08 PM MDT

My fav Conroy book was Prince of Tides.  It was a (literal) must-read in my abnormal psych class.  I did a term paper on it.  Got an A.
      October 17, 2016 8:39 PM MDT

That was an excellent read as well.
      October 17, 2016 8:46 PM MDT

He's my all-time favorite author.  I've read all of them.  Beach Music is my favorite book.  I was disappointed they didn't make the film.  It was scheduled but something happened about financing and it fell flat.  Brad Pitt was to play Jack McCall......a horrible casting in my opinion.   The Jack I created was a  tall, dark, and handsome man.  Anyway, Conroy sold the rights so Paramount could still do it.  Is Paramout even still around?  ;)  We lost Conroy way too soon. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 18, 2016 11:31 AM MDT
      October 17, 2016 7:34 PM MDT

That was the first book of his I read and I fell in love with his writing.  Brad Pitt???  Horrible choice.  

He died earlier this year didn't he? 
      October 17, 2016 7:49 PM MDT

I don't think so.  But I don't really keep up movie stars.
      October 17, 2016 8:02 PM MDT

Nor do I, I was referring to Pat Conroy.
      October 17, 2016 8:08 PM MDT

Oh.  Yes,  Conroy died this year.  He said he had one more novel in him but he didn't get it written.  He was too young.  He was wordsmith extraordinaire!  I reread sentences and paragraphs because his mastery of the use of words is #1. 
      October 17, 2016 8:36 PM MDT

Yep. March of this year. :-(
      October 17, 2016 8:40 PM MDT

Enjoy!  I always do.  :)
      October 17, 2016 7:26 PM MDT

Yes, I hope to! And I like the fact that I know nothing about the plot or whatever --  I like to start right in on a book and have no idea where it's going to take me. With such high accolades for the author from you, and that this one is your favorite of all of his, I know it will be worth my time.
      October 18, 2016 11:33 AM MDT

"It was staged."

Yes.  The author of the video made that crystal clear.  Whether it 'failed' to prove his point is anyone's guess/opinion.
      October 17, 2016 8:36 PM MDT

This is why I never put bumper stickers on my car! :P
    Someone gave me a 'no-spin" zone T-shirt, and boy what a reaction :O
    Hey guys its just a tee-shirt!
      October 17, 2016 10:39 PM MDT

You got that chit correct!

And when I get in/out of my car I do a quick visual inspection to see if I've been 'Trumped.'
      October 18, 2016 2:11 AM MDT

I never heard that expression,before;"First they Trumped my car,then a crowd formed and whumped my po' ride!
      October 19, 2016 11:44 PM MDT