Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Anyone ever had to leave school cause of a job? I might have to cause teletech called me and asked me to interview and then hired me,

Anyone ever had to leave school cause of a job? I might have to cause teletech called me and asked me to interview and then hired me,

I didnt even call them, they had my number cause of a past application and i asked about their assessment cause i had flunked it before and they said they took that out of their requirements and asked me if i wanted to interview , so i went today and got hired. the thing is im in school now too, but one class is online and the other will be ending ten days after i start so i heard with grants you have 2 wks that you can take off, i did tell my teachers about it. I dont want to turn it down cause i have a really hard time finding work, and the only money i get is grants, and thats 3 times a yr, i cant even get a work study, i might finish the 2 classes but thats it. anyone ever have to do that cause of a job?

Posted - October 19, 2016

Responses

I would talk to an advisor at the school to see what options are available to you.

Congrats on the job.   This post was edited by Bozette at October 20, 2016 8:45 AM MDT
      October 19, 2016 10:22 PM MDT

i did tell her about it, i need to email her so she knows about that i got it
      October 19, 2016 10:26 PM MDT

• Congratulations ... The object of school is to make yourself sellable in the jobs market ... mainly. .. Only you know if the job will outweigh the rest of your schooling ... But there's sideways further training of That's the way your mind works .. God luck
      October 19, 2016 11:17 PM MDT

The one class is online...so that one should be no problem.  
    The other is over in 10 days.... Did you tell you employer about your commitment to this class?  Will they work with you for the 10 days?

Talk to you counselor and see what they recommend.  They will know if you have to take other courses in order not to repay the grants.

Congrats on the job!  
    I would say take it.  Even if you have to make payments on the grant. This post was edited by my2cents at October 20, 2016 8:51 AM MDT
      October 20, 2016 8:50 AM MDT

i think i should take it too even if i have to repay the grants, i wouldnt have to pay as much anyways cause its nearing the end of the semester, i told my teacher i might have to leave 10 days early, so she knows about it
      October 20, 2016 10:36 AM MDT

Most jobs the start date is negotiable. Two weeks lead time to start a job is not uncommon.
    I would talk with your new employer and bet they agree to let you finish the class.
      October 20, 2016 9:12 AM MDT

their training conflicts with the class, and if i want the job i better show up at training, dont do good in school anyways so id rather work
      October 20, 2016 10:37 AM MDT

Understood. Good luck with the new job.
      October 21, 2016 6:18 AM MDT