Discussion » Questions » Politics » In the history of voter fraud, when did conservatives invent the idea of voter fraud? Why did they do it?

In the history of voter fraud, when did conservatives invent the idea of voter fraud? Why did they do it?

"Shocker: Republicans Account for Most Cases of U.S. Voter Fraud". In case you don't know.

Posted - October 20, 2016

Responses

When O'Bama was 'made President' for a second term, we knew something was fishy. 
      October 20, 2016 2:29 PM MDT

Oh come ON. Are you KIDDING? 

He was voted in fair and square and you know it. 

When BUSH was elected the second time?  Then you have it right.   BUSH not Obama.  Not even close. 
      October 20, 2016 2:31 PM MDT

I think they invented DOING it, not calling it or naming it. 

October 20, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

Link????
      October 20, 2016 2:48 PM MDT

I remember comments like; 'someone found a trunkful of ballots' and 'voters intimidated by thugs at entrance to polling places in cities.'  
      October 20, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

Again links?? I remember those things too but I believe it was Dem doing it.
      October 20, 2016 2:59 PM MDT

Whoever invented voting fraud did it a long time ago. It is not a recent idea.

I assume you know the term 'graveyard vote' it was coined more than a hundred years ago.

So any tie-ins to recent politics is at best irrelevant.
      October 21, 2016 1:19 AM MDT

So why is it that the democrats are against photo identification? 
      October 21, 2016 5:10 AM MDT

@njum -- I can't speak for "the Democrats", but in my observation GOP efforts to require photo IDs to vote almost invariably include other provisions which are clearly targeted at discouraging poor/urban/ethnic voters (who mostly vote Democratic) from voting.

Just a few months ago, courts struck down some North Carolina voting law changes which were blatantly discriminatory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us/federal-appeals-court-strikes-down-north-carolina-voter-id-provision.html

Show me a GOP voter ID law that includes generous provisions to make sure ALL citizens (not just rich white suburban ones) have access to the kinds of IDs necessary to vote, and I'll support it. So far, the record has been dismal.

October 21, 2016 5:24 AM MDT

"Show me a GOP voter ID law that includes generous provisions to make sure ALL citizens (not just rich white suburban ones) have access to the kinds of IDs necessary to vote, and I'll support it. So far, the record has been dismal."

OS. Here in Kansas we require photo ID and anyone can get one if they are US citizens and state residents. That includes the welfare recipients and homeless. The poor do not have to pay for them either. You cannot open a checking account without photo ID. Voting is much more important.

Even state issued welfare cards are acceptable forms of ID.
      October 21, 2016 6:31 AM MDT

If there are laws that restrict the right of people to vote, then change those laws. Everybody can get a free photo ID. 
      October 21, 2016 7:40 AM MDT

@notjustme -- "Everybody can get a free photo ID."

Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/getting-a-photo-id-so-you-can-vote-is-easy-unless-youre-poor-black-latino-or-elderly/2016/05/23/8d5474ec-20f0-11e6-8690-f14ca9de2972_story.html

@Deaves -- "You cannot open a checking account without photo ID. Voting is much more important. "

Welcome to your little bit of rich white male privilege. Did it ever occur to you that many people DON'T HAVE checking accounts? Probably not...;-D...

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/in-plain-sight/poverty-america-millions-families-too-broke-bank-accounts-v17840373

October 21, 2016 8:17 AM MDT

HAHaHa! ! ! !

Hi Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf!. Still working hard on spinning the facts I see . . . linking op-ed pieces from left wing new organizations as "fact". Sooo funny , , ,
      October 21, 2016 12:43 PM MDT

Scott Foval and Robert Creamer were exposed by project veritas in a rather shocking way the last few days. They have both confirmed what many Americans believed for years, the voter fraud mechanizations of the Democrats. But I guess you like the mainstream media are oblivious to what your eyes and ears present to you. It has been reported that Foval has left his "job" and Creamer we see has visited the Whitehouse on numerous occasions, gee I wonder why.
      October 21, 2016 6:01 AM MDT

Hello p:

I've learned to be skeptical of O'keefe videos..  He has a tendency to edit them..

excon
      October 21, 2016 7:47 AM MDT

For those demanding links, I did the very hard work of copy/pasting "Republicans Account for Most Cases of U.S. Voter Fraud" into Google for you. Enjoy...;-D...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Republicans+Account+for+Most+Cases+of+U.S.+Voter+Fraud%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
      October 21, 2016 8:30 AM MDT

Liberal demoncrats started coping voter fraud a loooog time ago from other totalitarian governments. (Look at the history of Chicago voting or "Tammany Hall" in NYC). Conservatives merely identify it and then point it out.
      October 21, 2016 12:48 PM MDT