Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » History » We know that anti-semitism was the reason for the Jewish Holocaust! 6 million jews were murdered in the. GENOCIDE. Could it happen again?

We know that anti-semitism was the reason for the Jewish Holocaust! 6 million jews were murdered in the. GENOCIDE. Could it happen again?

Anti-semitism sadly still exists today.  It may be just as virulent and alive and well as it ever was. But is there a difference in the nature of the anti-semitism that existed during the Nazi reign and the anti-semitism that exists today in America and France and wherever else it rears its ugly? We in America have the ALT RIGHT whites, white supremacists, white nationalists, militia groups, skinheads. All racists/bigots/ homophobes/hatemongers/misogynists. Millions of them. Many of them armed.  How dangerous would they be if they decide to recreate the genocide? That is what they want to have happen. Can they make it happen? Are there enough of them with enough guns that they can take over when/if the GOP prez  wannabe is prez? They are his people after all.

Posted - October 23, 2016

Responses

Happening now and is what ethnic cleansing is all about.
      October 23, 2016 8:29 AM MDT

There is racial hatred.  Forget about isolating it.   There is still this "us" and "them" mentality that is astronomically insane.  Like people can be separated in groups of good and bad.  What century are we living in anyway?    A century of ignorance and devolution.
      October 23, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

i would hope not, i come from a jewish family myself and have lost relatives cause of it
      October 23, 2016 6:32 PM MDT

• Hitler was never part of the right or conservative ideology:
    "But the most spectacular aspect of Nazism was surely its antisemitism. And that had a grounding in Marx himself. The following passage is from Marx but it could just as well have been from Hitler:

"Let us consider the actual, worldly Jew -- not the Sabbath Jew, as Bauer does, but the everyday Jew. Let us not look for the secret of the Jew in his religion, but let us look for the secret of his religion in the real Jew. What is the secular basis of Judaism? Practical need, self-interest. What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money. Very well then! Emancipation from huckstering and money, consequently from practical, real Jewry, would be the self-emancipation of our time.... We recognize in Jewry, therefore, a general present-time-oriented anti-social element, an element which through historical development -- to which in this harmful respect the Jews have zealously contributed -- has been brought to its present high level, at which it must necessarily dissolve itself. In the final analysis, the emancipation of the Jews is the emancipation of mankind from Jewry".

Note that Marx wanted to "emancipate" (free) mankind from Jewry ("Judentum" in Marx's original German), just as Hitler did and that the title of Marx's essay in German was "Zur Judenfrage", which -- while not necessarily derogatory in itself -- is nonetheless exactly the same expression ("Jewish question") that Hitler used in his famous phrase "Endloesung der Judenfrage" ("Final solution of the Jewish question"). And when Marx speaks of the end of Jewry by saying that Jewish identity must necessarily "dissolve" itself, the word he uses in German is "aufloesen", which is a close relative of Hitler's word "Endloesung" ("final solution"). So all the most condemned features of Nazism can be traced back to Marx and Engels, right down to the language used. The thinking of Hitler, Marx and Engels differed mainly in emphasis rather than in content. All three were second-rate German intellectuals of their times. Anybody who doubts that practically all Hitler's ideas were also to be found in Marx & Engels should spend a little time reading the quotations from Marx & Engels archived here.

Another point:

"Everything must be different!" or "Alles muss anders sein!" was a slogan of the Nazi Party. It is also the heart's desire of every Leftist since Karl Marx. Nazism was a deeply revolutionary creed, a fact that is always denied by the Left; but it's true. Hitler and his criminal gang hated the rich, the capitalists, the Jews, the Christian Churches, and "the System". "

http://jonjayray.tripod.com/hitler.html
      October 26, 2016 9:35 AM MDT

I think it's basically the same; 'they' (the Jews) control everything, have more money, etc., etc.,  according to the anti-Semites.....I asked my mom, who grew up in the Depression, why she thought so many hated the Jewish people.....she thought for a moment and then said that to most people, the Jews had it all; if you had a shirt, they had two; if you made a dollar, they made two;.....and I found it fascinating to hear this from someone who was an adult during the time this all happened.....she never thought it was right, but those were her feelings on it..........
      November 6, 2016 12:13 PM MST