Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Can the Republicans ever admit WHY Trump wound up as their candidate? Will they ever locate a viable one after this total embarrassment?

Can the Republicans ever admit WHY Trump wound up as their candidate? Will they ever locate a viable one after this total embarrassment?

Posted - October 26, 2016

Responses

I doubt you are going to hear much on why this man made it as their front man for this election, but I do believe they will never be this foolish again.  Trump is a total embarrassment.  
      October 26, 2016 10:06 AM MDT

Oh they will, trust me.  They have no sensitivity chip when it comes to embarrassment. 
      October 26, 2016 10:09 AM MDT

They will just do a better job getting someone more "polished" the next time.  
      October 26, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

If you have to ask that question it's doubtful that you would understand the answer.
      October 26, 2016 10:33 AM MDT

No, we members of the Reality-Based Community know the answer. It's those who create their own reality who are having difficultly explaining how The Donald came to be the GOP candidate...;-D...

October 26, 2016 10:47 AM MDT

can't see picture OS this page is messed up.
      October 26, 2016 11:01 AM MDT

You are right.  I have not understood ONE single answer you have ever put forth when it comes to your hackneyed political stances.
      October 26, 2016 10:51 AM MDT

Salt, I don't know WHY but for some reason my answer to you went down several feet on this page for no reason.

Here you go....
      October 26, 2016 10:53 AM MDT

• Trump wound up a candidate because people are tired of others being so polarizing. It has nothing to do with conservatives. There's more extremism than ever before. Politics right now is all about identity and not about actual human rights. It's about the actual label and what you adhere to as a doctrine. It's about what you can say you believe rather than practicing that belief.. it's anything to help you feel better at night while trying to make it seem like we are good people even though we really do nothing for anyone.

Everyone can see it and that's why Trump is standing out after about 8 other candidates. It doesn't matter if Trump is lying or not lying or is honest or not honest... it's that he represents a number of the majority that feel this way and no one has done anything to try to bring people together except divide them further with us. vs them mentalities and society vs. us mentalities etc..

Even if Hillary won eventually that mentality is going to have a huge backlash. It WILL happen. I know it will. Think about it... people don't even like to read anymore. Read for a straight month and then go back to talking to people. There's a degradation of language there. It's really slight but if you noticed that kind of stuff is actually horrifying. Read and then listen to things like modern music and pay attention to the people around you.

I've noticed it and I think many others have too.

I work in customer service... people don't even know how to swipe their cards anymore. The little magnetic strip on the card won't even be facing towards the machine it will be up in the air LOL. And I will watch them as they struggle to hold their cards. They try to feel it as they get it out as if trying to figure out what it was and what they have it for... it's really odd but it's happening all over the place. It's like they forget how to do the things they did before.

And I see a lot of the same customers every single day and it reminds me of goldfish. Everyday they have the same conversation and they ask the same questions over and over again... each time feeling surprised at the answer even though they asked the question the day before.

I have to explain how tax works for crying out loud while they sit and stare with a blank look on their face and drool piling up on the side of their mouth.

Only for the next day to have the same exact conversation :)

How do people not notice all this? So yes a lot of things are getting Trump elected.
      October 26, 2016 12:08 PM MDT