Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Pregnancy » Have you ever heard a pregnant woman say she KNEW the exact sex of her unborn child before having an ultrasound?

Have you ever heard a pregnant woman say she KNEW the exact sex of her unborn child before having an ultrasound?

Then she gives birth and she was right.   Do you think it's just guessing on her part?

Posted - October 27, 2016

Responses

There might be various factors she is aware of that we might not know about.
      October 28, 2016 12:26 AM MDT

I knew all my kids before they were born. I didn't have an ultrasound for my oldest, but I only bought boy clothes and did up a room for a boy- that's how sure I was. I had ultrasounds with my younger two, but I predicted their gender before it, as well as their hair and eye color before they were born. I knew their personalities, too. It probably sounds odd, but I dreamed of them. I really knew them- who they were and how they were, many months before they arrived. 
      October 28, 2016 1:18 AM MDT

I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim to have known that much. I bet you've gotten more than a few raised eyebrows telling people, huh. But there are a number of things in life I believe in that others dismiss as having no credibility. 
      October 28, 2016 4:06 PM MDT

The exact sex?  No.  I've only known women who knew the approximate sex of their unborn child. 

Every word matters.
      October 28, 2016 12:24 PM MDT

I don't know if you answered the question that was recently asked about what it is you waste most of your time doing.  If by chance you did, it would be a terrible injustice if you failed to mention examoles such as the answer you provided above.

Yes, they certainly do.  This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at October 29, 2016 12:25 AM MDT
      October 28, 2016 7:29 PM MDT