Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Pregnancy » We've all heard stories on the news about women who claimed they didn't know they were pregnant until they actually delivered the child?

We've all heard stories on the news about women who claimed they didn't know they were pregnant until they actually delivered the child?

When I heard this for the first time it was hard to believe.  How could someone NOT know, unless they were so young they didn't know the signs or they were so overweight they didn't have a pooch. But they'd have to know something wasn't right because your body goes through so many drastic changes, including the thrusts from the baby kicking.  What do you think?

Posted - October 28, 2016

Responses

I have two cousins who claim the did not know. One was overweight the other was really small. 
    There was a case the other day on the news, a lady was told she was in menopause. About a year later, she went to the er for pains, she thought she had kidney stones. They asked her how far along she was. She actually got upset (they did want more children)  They did an ultrasound and showed the baby. And also that baby was breech...had to go directly to surgery. Baby is fine. 
      October 28, 2016 4:28 AM MDT

It just seems inconceivable (no pun intended) but I know it happens.  That's awesome about the other lady, especially when she wanted to have more kids.  She got a wonderful gift that she wasn't expecting (still no pun intended).  It's a good thing she went to the ER when she did or she could have had complications that could have jeopardized the health of the child.  I know it's a cliche, but things happen for a reason sometimes.
      October 28, 2016 4:38 AM MDT

Question marks belong behind a question.

I don't think anything.  Watch Agnes of God.
      October 28, 2016 12:07 PM MDT