Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Why does the news mainly report depressing sad news?

Why does the news mainly report depressing sad news?

??

Posted - July 2, 2016

Responses

• they -the news cast and the station's staff- seem to suggest feeling a responsibility to inform people of injustices and protect them from the same, along with keeping their viewers safe from bad weather and dangerous situations that are occurring in the viewing area. it's not something i indulge in... watching the news. and that's just the local news. other 'news' outlets are plainly politically motivated and quite contrived. i watch them even less than the local news. i get my weather online. if anything is worth actually knowing, i know other people who keep track of that and will inform me, whether or not i ask.

July 2, 2016 10:53 PM MDT

alas that is the sort of shit life deals people at times it would be nice if it was all good news but we do not live in an ideal world alas

July 3, 2016 8:41 AM MDT
  • Bez

Life's like that, isn't it?

July 3, 2016 5:13 PM MDT

probably cause they think thats what people want to watch

July 3, 2016 6:51 PM MDT

It's the negative actions in the world that are changing and affecting the world.

July 7, 2016 11:33 PM MDT

Definitely the times that we are in. Yesterday some police were murdered about 40 miles or so from here. I think 5 police died and 6 or 7 more were wounded.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/dallas-police-shooting-live-updates/index.html

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Protests-in-Dallas-Over-Alton-Sterling-Death-385784431.html

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

July 8, 2016 6:54 PM MDT

Ratings. If it bleeds, it leads.
      July 8, 2016 7:47 PM MDT