Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » According to Judy Woodruff on the PBS Newshour this presidential race is about Gender. Is that so?

According to Judy Woodruff on the PBS Newshour this presidential race is about Gender. Is that so?

Thank goodness she clarified that for me.  Now I know who to vote for.  And here I was overcomplicating things, thinking it was about national security, racism, economic equality, foreign policy, jobs, economic growth similar foolishness.

Posted - October 30, 2016

Responses

Given that at least one candidates stances on all of the issues you mention are ill-defined or completely unrealistic, I think it's fair to say that gender is at least a contributing factor to the campaign we've seen.

October 30, 2016 7:07 PM MDT

Hmmm...  maybe I should reconsider.
      October 30, 2016 8:43 PM MDT

@CMI -- Both candidates are deeply flawed. If you think a vote for Trump is a way of expressing your displeasure with the status quo (despite his flaws), I'll disagree with you, but I'll understand your position.

But to deny that all sorts of bigoted stances (racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc.) are inherent in Trump's campaign I think is simply ignoring reality.
      October 30, 2016 8:56 PM MDT

I was not serious about voting for Trump.  Instead, and because of the flaws you mentioned, I think I will write in the name one of the candidates that did not get selected by either party.
      October 31, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

Unfortunately, to many voters, that is all it is about.
      October 30, 2016 7:44 PM MDT

Identity politics is all some people think there is.
      October 30, 2016 7:50 PM MDT

• Based on your replies I've seen.  So do you.
      October 30, 2016 9:13 PM MDT

Really how so.... example?   
      October 31, 2016 12:44 AM MDT

I wish GUFFAWS LOUDLY had a sound on here.  I would feel actual relief if that were the case because there would at least be a definition of what the cause is.  Besides total ignorance.

This has zero to do with anything so specific as gender when it is being heralded by A total sociopath, a woman who no one likes and thousand upon thousands of people who think they know what is going on.

Gender?  Try monkeys in a monkey house all clamoring for whatever hits their minds at the current second.  People are seriously still thinking on who to vote for?  Really and in earnest here?

I mean people do not think any longer.  It is all knee-jerk emotions that defy any logic at all or Trump would not be where he is right now.  He is there by popular demand.  Think about the holy terror of this situation. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 30, 2016 8:43 PM MDT
      October 30, 2016 7:58 PM MDT

I agree and I know what you are saying.  But to me it is also frightening to think that with all that's at stake a supposedly objective, professional news anchor openly would cheer for one candidate based on nothing more than gender.
      October 30, 2016 8:50 PM MDT

Well if that is the case it is shallow indeed.  I don't know about it. 
      October 30, 2016 9:43 PM MDT