Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » I am dead serious. Not trying to be judgmental, but...have you ever met a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN that was not an insufferable know it all?

I am dead serious. Not trying to be judgmental, but...have you ever met a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN that was not an insufferable know it all?

These people think that because THEY needed to be "reborn" again everyone else must be even stupider and we all need to listen up and hear their inane message. 

The SAME message that every Christian dogma has already stated. 

I think they need to be reincarnated again as someone who is not NAIVE?

Posted - October 31, 2016

Responses

• I plead the fifth.plead the fifth so what happened at the scene the fifth why did you ...
      October 31, 2016 4:43 PM MDT

They are naïve.  All naïve.
      October 31, 2016 4:43 PM MDT

• It's hard to be humble when you're the only ones that knows the truth ....
      October 31, 2016 4:44 PM MDT

They get real mad when you don't see things their way too.

Oh boy.  LOL 

I went to a computer class in Sun City (old people, USA) and this old, white, ex-military guy starts in with being Born Again and I told him quite nicely that I do believe in Jesus, but he was not the only one that came down here as God.  OH SHIT.  I should have just stood on the table and ripped off all my clothes the way he reacted.

He lost it.

He kept it up JESUS IS THE ONLY GOD.

When I got to Krishna, I am surprised he let me stay in the class.  He was steaming for 2 hours. 
      October 31, 2016 4:47 PM MDT

• To paraphrase a quote from the Quran ... There is only one truth and it's the one I believe in (this week)
      October 31, 2016 4:53 PM MDT

YOU may NOT say this.   Jesus is the only TRUTH and that is THAT. 

BAC group.
      October 31, 2016 4:55 PM MDT

Radical anything is insufferable to be around.  And yes, I have met a few "born agains" that were not only half nuts, but not very nice people.  I don't know if their religious beliefs made them like that or they were already troubled and was drawn into something that gave them all the answers.
      October 31, 2016 4:59 PM MDT

I feel terrible carrying on like this, I want SOMEONE, ANYONE, to tell me there are normal ones out there.  I really want to change my mind about this here idea.  But so far?  I have only met the weird.
      October 31, 2016 5:01 PM MDT

They are out there.  One of my closest friends is very faithful, but she does not wear it on her sleeve.  She is kind and humble and one of the most trustworthy friends I have made online.  She'll share her beliefs if asked, but will never hit anyone up with scripture to fight a battle.  Not ever.  She avoids religious discussions in general.  
      October 31, 2016 5:09 PM MDT

Here I am.
      October 31, 2016 5:48 PM MDT

Most people are opinionated and think they know it all..
      October 31, 2016 5:14 PM MDT

Gee, it's nice to know you're not being judgemental. Have you read what you posted? You know, the parts about "insufferable" and "inane" and stuff like that? Wow, it's good to know you're so non-judgemental.

You probably won't understand this, but people come in all shapes and sizes. As you go through life, this will become more and more apparent to you - if you're lucky and are able to drop your biased attitudes.

Painting an entire group with a broad brush to include all without really knowing is what is called "prejudice".
      October 31, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

Yes.  I know I am all kinds of a jerk.  But do you know any?  Do you know any Born Agains that are sane?
      October 31, 2016 5:36 PM MDT

You replied to me "Yes. I know I am all kinds of a jerk". Why is that directed at me? I never said anything like that about you.

To answer your question -- Yes, I've known born agains that are sane. Quite sane. If you want to know my opinions about non-sane groups, I believe that the closest I can find are the Republicans who support Donald Trump.

I mean that quite literally. Donald Trump has revealed himself to be so incredibly unfit to be president that I must question the sanity of those who support him.

I trust that answers your question.
      October 31, 2016 6:01 PM MDT

No.  You totally misunderstood.  I meant I AM A JERK, NOT YOU.  God no.
      October 31, 2016 6:23 PM MDT

Yes, I did misunderstand. My apologies. I failed to see that you asked the original question. That makes a difference.
      October 31, 2016 7:27 PM MDT

Yes I have, but I've also known those of the almost insufferable, extremely judgmental kind.  One of the latter, happened to be a friend of mine for quite a few years. She told me once, that my concern and respect for non-human life "did not come from God".  I've known others who sure didn't seem very "Christ" like, as well. Some of them are or were relatives. 

Point is....some of the best people I've known have been those with a strong faith in the Christian God. I figure some of them must have had that "born again" moment, at some time.  

October 31, 2016 5:37 PM MDT

It's weird.  They give off a weird air about them that they all have and it seems highly grounded in extreme paranoia of anyone questioning their faith.  
      October 31, 2016 6:24 PM MDT

Love those Doobies
    some of those guys used to play in my club
    in long ago times...good song
    oops I forgot your question...
      October 31, 2016 6:11 PM MDT

I'm glad you focused on that part because what I said is really kind of stupid. 
      October 31, 2016 6:22 PM MDT

Nope
      October 31, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

You are being totally judgmental and offensive.  I am dead serious.
      October 31, 2016 11:41 PM MDT

I have not personally met the guy in the video below, but he says that after being a Roman Catholic for 20 years he became a born again Christian for 6 years. He describes some of his zeal as a born again Christian. Paradoxically it was the drive provided by this zeal that led him not only to renounce his born again beliefs but Christianity as well. He now regards himself as having become a true follower of Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N48Ymna9q8k
      November 1, 2016 3:09 PM MDT

Yes I have known some sane ones. but we never discuss religion.
    I don't discuss religion very often because the subject gives me the creeps.
      November 5, 2016 5:06 PM MDT