Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Already 14 cases of voter fraud this year. Is it worse this year or is it just being reported more? How to fix it?

Already 14 cases of voter fraud this year. Is it worse this year or is it just being reported more? How to fix it?

Dead people voting, people voting in multiple states, illegals voting, voting in person and in mail, people stealing mail in ballots....

---UPDATE---  We are not talking about 14 votes.  But 14 cases of voter fraud each account for more than just one vote.  

AZ an illegal proved he could get a voter ID card (he says to settle a bet),  
CO there are over a dozen people voted twice,
FL an election worker was charged with marking ballots (don't know how many) and mail in ballots have been stolen and used to vote,  
Il over 100 dead people have voted (granted not the 100,000 they have been know for in the past),
IN 837,000 people are registered to vote with out-of-state addresses 
IA there were 3 people voted twice
MO a mayor passed out absentee ballots and told the people he would be back later to pick them up 
TX is investigating "vote harvesting" at retirement/nursing homes and voter machines supposed to be swapping votes, VA has over 1000 noncitizens registered to vote and about 20% have voted.

http://ijr.com/2016/11/722025-14-cases-of-voter-fraud-so-far-this-year-and-its-not-even-election-day-yet/

Posted - November 2, 2016

Responses

IS THIS A BAD JOKE?

Are you expecting me to seriously give this consideration?

FOURTEEN?   How will we go forth??????  By tomorrow? There might be FIFTEEN?  Oh MY GOD. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 2, 2016 10:06 AM MDT
      November 2, 2016 9:48 AM MDT

That is just what we know about.  If we can find that many how many are we missing.  So you are fine with it....
      November 2, 2016 10:02 AM MDT

• I can multiply that number by a 100 and it would still be inconsequential to any degree in relation to the size of the population.

You're a 2nd supporter correct? ( Let's be clear I am as well. That info is kinda important here)  Well it's often stated that all the intentional firearm deaths outside of suicide is relatively small in relation to the number of people and firearms that exist in the country. While I agree with that assessment, that percentage is still  vastly higher than 14 reported voter fraud cases this year in relation to the voting population.
      November 2, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

You all are not getting this.  We are not talking about 14 votes.  But 14 cases of voter fraud each account for more than just one vote.  In AZ an illegal proved he could get a voter ID card (he says to settle a bet),  CO there are over a dozen people voted twice, FL an election worker was charged with marking ballots (don't know how many) and mail in ballots being stolen and used to vote,  Il over 100 dead people have voted (granted not the 100,000 they have been know for in the past), IN 837,000 people are registered to vote with out-of-state addresses, IA there were 3 people voted twice, MO a mayor passed out absentee ballots and told the people he would be back later to pick them up, TX is investigating "vote harvesting" at retirement/nursing homes and voter machines supposed to be swapping votes, VA has over 1000 noncitizens registered to vote and about 20% have voted.

I did not word this well in my question I will prob add this in the question.
      November 2, 2016 11:23 AM MDT

• If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.
      November 2, 2016 12:22 PM MDT

Why not get rid of the dead people on the registrations, and the people with out of state addresses require them to prove they are allowed to vote in that state. And require proof of citizenship when we register, no just check this box?

How do you propose to fix it? Or just let people do what they want legal voter or not?
      November 2, 2016 12:54 PM MDT

• Here's a solution.   Let's have an actual democratic vote for the Presidency.   No electoral college.  No, how many states voted one way or the other and just pure, clean, honest how many people voted for which candidate.  The states handle nothing to do with it and all the votes are tallied at the national level.   Then the centralized vote counters can cross check for double votes and fraud. Win, win, win.
      November 2, 2016 1:10 PM MDT

• It would still be a republic.  We would still have representatives.  We are and would remain, actual become more of, a Constitutional republic of democratically elected leaders.   A democracy would be if we voted on all our laws, Constitutional changes,  and government actions.
      November 2, 2016 1:37 PM MDT

And how does this stop noncitizens and other who have lost the right to vote from voting?
      November 2, 2016 1:16 PM MDT

• Ahhh see now, Glad you pointed that out.  No citizen should lose their right to vote.  Felons, inmates, whatever.  Any citizen should have the right to vote as it is Constitutionally mandated that they do.  These spurious laws denying citizens the right to vote for any reason are disgraceful and counter to the very ideals of the nation.
      November 2, 2016 1:23 PM MDT

OK....then how does that stop non-citizens, millions upon millions of illegal alieans, from voting? It doesn't.

November 2, 2016 1:28 PM MDT

• It won't stop them so to speak.  What it will do is have a centralized office that is in charge of checking and able to check the ability of them to vote and throw out those that aren't citizens.   It should be up to the government to check the votes for validity, not us to prove to it we can.
      November 2, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

So how should they check the ability of those who are voting?  Throw out those who aren't citizens?  Out of the country or just let them vote and then throw out the vote?
      November 2, 2016 2:55 PM MDT

• Shar, read it again.  It's not just 14 votes.. It's 14.occurrences.  Each of those occurrences have resulted in multiple  fraud votes. In Illinois over 100 Dead people have voted so far.  
      November 2, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

• Seriously yo'.  I'm not saying voter fraud is something to take lightly if it exist.  Let's get real though,  there is how many people in this country according to the latest census tally and how many of them are allowed to vote?   Now you wanna say 14 reported cases is a cause for alarm?  I doubt any oversight or precautions of any kind could improve that percentage to any tangible degree.  If we could get any kind of fraud down to 14 reported cases in one year I think we could safely say that's pretty damn good based on track records of government ability.
      November 2, 2016 10:06 AM MDT

See update above.
      November 2, 2016 11:43 AM MDT

Get back to me when you give proportional concern to the THOUSANDS of eligible voters who are disenfranchised by GOP/right-wing efforts at voter suppression as you are about the TENS of illegal votes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/05/opinion/republicans-and-voter-suppression.html?_r=0

Otherwise, the suspicion that your REAL motivation is TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ MUST NOT WIN is warranted.
      November 2, 2016 10:09 AM MDT

See my update above.  
    I have told you before I think everyone should have a pict ID to vote.  You should have to get that pict ID AND automatically be registered to vote at the DMV ONLY. If someone cannot afford the ID then they should be provided with one for free.
      November 2, 2016 11:32 AM MDT

• Screw that.   There should never be a requirement to possess an ID.   That's walking the path to tyranny.
    We already have way too many ways to deny citizens their natural birthright to have a say in their representation.
      November 2, 2016 12:21 PM MDT

You don't have to get the ID.  You don't have to drive, buy alcohol, tobacco, apply for gov assistance, buy cold medicine etc.  But ID is required for these and should be for voting.  Unless we just don't care if noncitizens vote in our elections.
      November 2, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

• ".....drive, buy alcohol, tobacco, apply for gov assistance, ......."

The key difference here being that those are privileges and not Constitutionally mandated and granted rights.  No comparison.
      November 2, 2016 12:58 PM MDT

Actually the right to vote is NOT in the Constitution. (I just learned this...very shocked)

Then please, tell me how do we secure our elections?  Don't give the song and dance that it does not happen.  It does.  I gave you several proven examples.  I gave you my idea. This post was edited by my2cents at November 2, 2016 1:14 PM MDT
      November 2, 2016 1:07 PM MDT

• I never said it does not happen.  What I said is it hasn't been shown to have much effect on the national election.
      November 2, 2016 1:38 PM MDT

• Oh and actual it is.  It's outlined in four different Amendments.
      November 2, 2016 1:44 PM MDT