Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Business » How has a company tried to steal from you recently?

How has a company tried to steal from you recently?

Recently a got a bill from an air conditioning company for a repair I paid in person to the service technician.  I also have to proof read all my on-line credit card payments because more than once, the bank that offers the card had changed my payment to the minimum so I would have to pay interest. I am tired of all the dishonesty.

Posted - November 3, 2016

Responses

I did work for Chase bank and they won't pay. They suck
      November 3, 2016 6:56 PM MDT

Time to go back to writing checks and mailing payment.  I have already except when I'm out of town.  Even then, I just put a big credit on each of my monthly bills.  If I stay out of tow  longer than expected, which is common for me, I then make online payments.  Checks are just the best.  People are starting to use them in retail stores again too which I think is great.  Use plastic and everything you buy is a record.  Use checks and only where you shop is a record.
      November 3, 2016 8:22 PM MDT

Many different times and ways... Usually, telemarketers call my phone and I tell them that I need the coordinates for the bodies to be dumped. ;)
      November 3, 2016 9:22 PM MDT

I like to tell them I am schtupping my wife's sister. I got one from a mortgage company and told him my house just burned down.
      November 4, 2016 6:45 AM MDT

I am very wary of everybody, so it hasn't happened recently. AT&T tries periodically to upgrade my system for three months free. Once I specifically asked if the promotion would completely end after the three months and was told yes. It didn't. When I called them on it I told them to reimburse or I would go back to DISH. 
      November 4, 2016 6:52 AM MDT

not in that way but ive had people steal from my bank acct before
      November 5, 2016 7:40 PM MDT