Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » If your dog or cat could talk, do you think they'd tell you they always felt loved and never neglected?

If your dog or cat could talk, do you think they'd tell you they always felt loved and never neglected?

Posted - November 5, 2016

Responses

Yes, they would definitely say that.  There is someone I wish I could foo foo over the same way but he is MIA. :   (

Foo Foo over means to give a lot of attention and love to the person. 
    This post was edited by . at November 5, 2016 10:25 AM MDT
      November 5, 2016 7:33 AM MDT

I figured that's what you meant when you said foo foo lol
      November 5, 2016 10:26 AM MDT

Well, when I still had dogs (they stayed with my ex after the divorce and have since passed on), they would sometimes "shun" me after I came home from being away for a few days.

Also Nellie (our beagle) would constantly act as though we never ever EVER fed her...;-D...
      November 5, 2016 8:06 AM MDT

And "they" say dogs don't remember. I yelled at my oldest Chorkie and she shunned me for two days till I had to kiss up to her because I hurt her feelings. She's very sensitive you know.  Mimi is a lot like Nellie. She's a little roley poley (I didn't check the spelling).   But I've had friends say they want to come back as one of my dogs. 
      November 5, 2016 10:30 AM MDT

@PChild -- Actually, we kept Nellie quite thin in order to mimimize the stress on her knees (she had three knee surgeries during her life). But apparently the state of "not hungry" is something beagles cannot experience...;-D...

November 5, 2016 12:34 PM MDT

Of all the years I've had dogs, other than getting them fixed, they never had to have surgery until Maggie's puppy Lacy had an abscess on her throat a couple weeks ago, but to have to go through three surgeries?  I don't think my heart can take that. It's pretty stressful. 

I have to watch Mimi's eating habits too. She'll scarf her plate down in record time then head over to her sister's plate. I think the only meal she remembers is the one she's eating at the moment. Lol. 
      November 5, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

Absolutely, my yorkie is spoiled rotten.
      November 5, 2016 8:38 AM MDT

As they should be. My 4 are Chorkies and they're adorable. I love the look of Yorkies. 
      November 5, 2016 10:31 AM MDT

probably true
    (Hopefully)
      November 5, 2016 9:44 AM MDT

If you say so it probably is. 
      November 5, 2016 10:32 AM MDT

Oh, absolutely!
      November 5, 2016 5:35 PM MDT

i dont have a pet but if i did they might
      November 5, 2016 6:25 PM MDT

I hope I never have to experience life without my babies. As I lay here on the couch, Mini is curled up by my feet, Mimi is snuggled to my left and Maggie to my right, all fast asleep. 
      November 5, 2016 6:33 PM MDT

Lulu and I are joined at the hip and she makes sure that she gets the attention she wants if I don't move fast enough.
      November 5, 2016 6:31 PM MDT

It's funny you said that because just a little while ago Maggie brought me her ball and wanted me to throw it. I wasn't paying attention and roomie told me she was picking her ball up and dropping it continuously hoping I'd notice. Next thing I knew she got up on the back of the couch right behind me and dropped it on my head. So I understand EXACTLY what you're saying. lol 
      November 5, 2016 6:43 PM MDT

They really are like little kids aren't they?
    Lulu just polished off some tri-tip roast and is up here begging for mine too.
    If I don't give her some she will start stomping her feet to get it.
      November 5, 2016 6:51 PM MDT

I laughed out loud reading that because I can relate.  They are definitely like kids.   I may not have done it with tri-tip (only because I haven't bought any lately) but with just about everything I eat I'll share.  I love these specific popsicles and when I get up in the morning, I'll grab 3 or 4 of them and as soon as I sit down, I have Mimi and Lacy chomping at the bit for some.  It seems to be a ritual with them since they were puppies.  I get a bite then they both get 3 or 4 licks, then it's my turn again, until the last one is gone.  Yeah yeah, I know some people will think it's gross but so what. :)
      November 5, 2016 9:11 PM MDT