Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will you be taking a day off work on Tuesday so you can watch the election results?

Will you be taking a day off work on Tuesday so you can watch the election results?

I think I will because if I don't I might not be able to keep my mind on my work and  have an accident from not concentrating. Cheers!

Posted - November 6, 2016

Responses

No. There will not be any results until after work anyway. Now if I lived on the West coast I might have to take off early.
      November 6, 2016 4:25 PM MST

• No.  It's not a sporting event for me to cheer and see who wins the trophy to me.  I think it's kinda sad that people talk about  and treat it like the Super Bowl.
      November 6, 2016 4:32 PM MST

You could think of it like a sporting event,

Only the championship game is every four years and the same two teams go to the championship game every time,

and you don't like the two teams that make it to the championship game every time,

and the fans are obnoxious,

So enjoy the game!

November 7, 2016 9:58 AM MST

No, and we're not having an election return watching party either.
      November 6, 2016 4:35 PM MST

• Well what kind of party are you having Miss Livvie?  Is it gonna be that kinda party? ;o
      November 6, 2016 4:40 PM MST

When I take over the world, umm, I mean get elected by a fair and democratic process, I'm going to have a pizza party and everybody's invited!  

Unless you're the opposition party, ahem.
      November 6, 2016 7:28 PM MST

•   November 6, 2016 7:33 PM MST

You are kidding, right?  What is there to WATCH?  The numbers go up?  I think most people can do that and do their job as well.

I will do anything to avoid watching anything about this election on voting day.

www.realclearpolitics.com
      November 6, 2016 7:30 PM MST

There are no results until after 7PM.  Go on to work. 
      November 6, 2016 10:09 PM MST

Don't they release results as they come in threw out the day that would give me an early idea of who will win? Cheers
      November 6, 2016 10:36 PM MST

No.  Results are never released from any polling place until the polling place is closed.  Starting about 7PM the results will start coming in and all of the media outlets will start predicting way too early.  I watched last election because I was at my sister's house.  If I'm at home I'll probably check in around nine.  Some states may be called by then.  (Called means declare which candidate won that state)  I don't think any polling place closes before 7 and some are open untill 10.  Some stay open as long as there are voters coming in.

All day long media will do 'exist polling' which is talking to voters as they come out of the voting place.  That is nothing but sensationalizing and making news where there is none.  The press is deplorable here.  Seriously.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 7, 2016 6:54 AM MST
      November 6, 2016 10:55 PM MST