Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » Have you ever taken your personal garbage to a private dumpster behind a business?

Have you ever taken your personal garbage to a private dumpster behind a business?

#Unfair

Posted - November 7, 2016

Responses

No, that's usually illegal. An old friend of mine was arrested and charged for doing that.
      November 7, 2016 9:15 PM MST

• Why did you rat out your friend?
      November 7, 2016 9:27 PM MST

I never ratted out on him. I just happened to read about it in the local newspaper! Behind the 7-11 store. They got him on camera!  AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
      December 9, 2016 7:57 PM MST

All the time.

You cannot believe what I have brought over there.   The biggest thing was a mattress.  I wasn't about to leave that thing in front of my house. 
      November 7, 2016 11:38 PM MST

Did it have embarrassing stains? You know, like the time you dumped a full glass of red wine all over?  EEWWWW!
      December 9, 2016 8:00 PM MST

I have to admit that yes I have.  Many times.  Now a days, it's mostly cat litter and the dumpster doesn't have a sign on it.  Not that that means I couldn't get in trouble for it though.  My heart races a hundred miles an hour during those 5 minutes.   
      November 7, 2016 11:46 PM MST

• Few things are funnier than catching the person in the act. Depending on their attitudes when warned not to do again, I've even had them remove their trash versus my calling the police. 
      November 8, 2016 12:38 AM MST

• You must be a nice business owner.
      November 8, 2016 4:59 AM MST

• After a $200 extra charge each time on an extra pick up on our dumpster, because we couldn't fit our own trash in, hell yeah. 
      November 8, 2016 5:26 AM MST

• Busines owners rule!!!!!! You are the salt of the Earth and keep things going!!!

I'm sure you pay your employees well too!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!
      November 8, 2016 5:27 AM MST

• Only after a campout or while traveling. Most business owners don't really care if you just ask.
      November 8, 2016 5:02 AM MST

Years ago when I was moving, I had so much stuff to dump but the apt. dumpster was full......so I snuck over to a small business nearby to dump my stuff, and got caught!!!!!! they asked what the hell I was doing and I just took off!!!

embarrassing, right? I should have gone back after dark but didn't think of it at that time........oh well!!!!!!!

November 30, 2016 8:52 AM MST

No, not only because it's illegal but also my household refuse is collected regularly and the Council's public skip-yards for bulkier waste are close enough to my home, and open for sufficiently long hours, to be reasonably convenient. (Though they now charge for you giving them certain types of waste, and put volume / time limits on material like building rubble.) 

Garden waste is turned into compost for sale. Metals, of course, are sold to registered scrap-dealers. Not sure what they do with scrap timber. 
      December 9, 2016 11:07 AM MST

Thank-you for the like.

Despite widespread official waste-sites we still have problems with fly-tippers, selfish morons who seem to delight in driving out into the countryside to abandon building rubble, old domestic appliances and the like to cause problems and expense for land-owners (mainly farmers), and offend everyone generally.
      December 10, 2016 10:10 AM MST