Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think of Trump winning the Presidency?

What do you think of Trump winning the Presidency?

As for what I think  is  it's  not good.  I thought Hillary would win  I was wrong.   I guess I don't understand you Americans!

Posted - November 9, 2016

Responses

• The louder of two equals won.  That's what I think.
      November 9, 2016 9:30 AM MST

I think it's VERY good for the USA. I don't care about the rest of the world. But I think that only time will tell.
      November 9, 2016 9:32 AM MST

@S and RP -- Could you please explain exactly how a Trump presidency will be good for the USA. What SPECIFIC policy changes do you think President The Donald will enact which will produce positive change?
      November 9, 2016 9:37 AM MST

• Trump will become the Republican Congress' puppet.
      November 9, 2016 9:40 AM MST

Oh, yeah. He's been such a "puppet" of the Republican party so far. (Rolling my eyes . . . )
      November 9, 2016 9:45 AM MST

• The Real People in Power will reign him in. He's like the punk rock star who gets a major label deal. The albums become bland.
      November 9, 2016 9:48 AM MST

The "real people in power" thought they were going to stop him from being elected and that didn't seem to work out for them.

But why are you so pessimistic about the Trump Presidency? He already seems to have shifted from being a combative campaigner to someone more even-handed. But only time will tell. I am guardedly optimistic.
      November 9, 2016 10:02 AM MST

• I'm pessimistic about everything.

I do think this will result in a recession/depression. But we're closing in on that cycle no matter who won. It will just come a little sooner.
      November 9, 2016 10:26 AM MST

Yeah, the stock market is already down by about -200-points . . . (which means that it's really up by 200-points). This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 9, 2016 10:29 AM MST
      November 9, 2016 10:27 AM MST

Just my gut; that, and there already seems to be a tremendous feeling of relief among the people that I've encountered so far today. And at this point that seems to be far better than those new, more reliable "statistical" analysis tools that you were bragging about being more accurate just a few days ago. Back when you so cock-fired sure that Trump didn't have a snowball's chance in Hades, according to those polls. (Or maybe that was just another effort by "the Establishment" to bias the outcome in Clinton's favor; after all, they paid a lot of money for her to win.)

The last 8-years have been an unmitigated disaster for most of us, at least most of the people that I know. That hope and change turned into "I "hope" that I have enough "change" to put food on the table today". And access to healthcare . . . forget THAT now since Obamacare took effect!

But only time will tell . . .

November 9, 2016 9:59 AM MST

@S and RP -- I concede I did not see this result coming, and the explanations for why pre-election polling missed the result so badly will be interesting.

But I note you did NOT answer my question. You claim you are "guardedly optimistic" and "only time will tell." OK, fine. Election winners tend to be that way (I well remember how I felt when Obama won in 2008).

Still, you have not elucidated any SPECIFIC actions you believe Trump will take which will produce positive social change (as you perceive it).

Is that because it has finally occurred to you Trump ran a largely policy-free campaign?
      November 9, 2016 10:15 AM MST

Yeah, so what? My "gut" feeling because I perceive that Trupm is the anti-Obana/Clinton is good enough for me for the moment. Perhaps Obama shouldn't have been such a . . .well, you know. That seemed to be the only defense that you could muster against his incompetency, just march out your "your a bigot and a racist" defense.

And speaking of that I never saw anything from you side of the fence as to why you though Hil-LIAR-y would be a good President other than the "well, it's HER turn" . . . What other reasons can you cite for that belief. When you answer that then I might itemize my gut feelings. (which I've actually done before on this site).
      November 9, 2016 10:25 AM MST

• Salt and Red Pepper .. I think you are going to be very disappointed.. and respectfully you might find that it's not going to be at all good for the US and the rest of the world ain't gonna care...I honestly think the rest of the world cares and respects very little already  - my fear is that Trump is only going to alienate America even further from the rest of the world.
      November 10, 2016 3:22 PM MST

Hello a:

I think we're witnessing the last vestiges of our American democracy.  I HOPE we can save it.   

excon
      November 9, 2016 9:42 AM MST

• America has never been a democracy.  
      November 9, 2016 9:43 AM MST

Hello again, Glis:

If the ONLY argument you have with my post is that I called our republic a democracy, then you should go back to your Cheerios..  I post for serious people..

excon
      November 9, 2016 9:50 AM MST

• LOL...  Sure you do.  You're just another partisan entrenched in your "team".   The same team that had its head so far up it's ass it raised Hillary at all costs against the better candidate and lost to a madman.
    GOP/DNC.   Two sides of the same worthless coin.
      November 9, 2016 9:56 AM MST

Hello again, Glis:

How old are you, 12??  When you wanna talk about the issues, instead of hurling invective's, I'll be here..  This thread is about serious issues, and you wanna bicker.. 

excon
      November 9, 2016 10:08 AM MST

• "then you should go back to your Cheerios..  I post for serious people.."  excon

What's that about hurling  invectives?

This whole election and result should be cause for us all to look in the mirror.   It's time for some humility on all our parts if you really want to fix this POS.
      November 9, 2016 10:14 AM MST

Hello again, Glis:

YOU go be humble..  I have a republic to save.

excon
      November 9, 2016 10:31 AM MST

• Bullchit.   Save or take over????
      November 9, 2016 11:14 AM MST

It takes a disaster that may cause some positive evolutionary change in human thinking. 
      November 9, 2016 9:55 AM MST

Hello K:

My glass is half full too..  Maybe we gotta take a few steps backwards in order to move forward.

excon
      November 9, 2016 9:59 AM MST

Right.
      November 9, 2016 10:02 AM MST