Discussion » Questions » Politics » America reacts with protests ALL over the country. What did people expect?

America reacts with protests ALL over the country. What did people expect?

Either way, if one candidate won, there were going to be protests. The whole world is in shock! 

Posted - November 10, 2016

Responses

• That means the American Experiment is still working and not dead yet.

(Did anyone not expect a sizable protest after this election?  I didn't.)
      November 10, 2016 6:55 AM MST

@Glis, you must be in Kansas, the home of "The Wizard of Oz". 
      November 10, 2016 9:41 AM MST

• The people are protesting.   That's good! As long as they protest, they are using one of their most important rights to try and keep them all intact.  It should be giving you hope, not despair. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 10, 2016 10:26 AM MST
      November 10, 2016 9:57 AM MST

Hi Marguerite:

"The whole world" may be overstating the case. I don't think folks in, for example, Kamchatka, Korea, Indonesia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea care too much.
      November 10, 2016 9:21 AM MST

• Speaking from slightly to the left of new Zealand, you might be surprised ... True, in the highlands of new Guinea, he's not much of a topic of conversation yet.
      November 10, 2016 2:21 PM MST

@Stu, we are no longer just in Kansas! We do have the internet. The internet has translations, so we know what everybody is saying as their newspaper headlines are coming through. You must not be on Twitter to follow all the news across the world or Instagram. However, China does have control over their media. But, I follow the Chinese artist Ai Wriwei and he shows us everything. He's on Instagram, too. Come on, Stu, get with the program! 
      November 10, 2016 9:39 AM MST

Korea is more interested than most....things are still tense there and we still hold Camp Casey for a reason.  Indonesia is the largest Muslim population in the world...you betcha they're paying attention.  Kamchatka is part of Russia...'nuff said.  And Papua New Guinea is one of our allies, so I'm sure they have an interest as trading partners if nothing else.
      November 10, 2016 9:49 AM MST