Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » I think to dye one's hair is sorta feminine.Some men do it too. Is that their feminine side sneaking through? To dye or not to dye? Why?

I think to dye one's hair is sorta feminine.Some men do it too. Is that their feminine side sneaking through? To dye or not to dye? Why?

Posted - November 10, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie, "No hair, no dye!"

I don't believe it is feminine trait, I think it's a psychological disorder which may be caused by an inherent preoccupation about beauty from a demanding intolerant society.

At least half of all Caucasian men face hair loss by age 40 and people in most places on Earth simply accept male baldness as a natural phenomenon.

Certain cultures even encourage men to shave their heads and in some, women do the same.

Other places are simply different. There is a perceived intolerance towards baldness. The US for example is one of those countries where very few men are seen to be bald.

It's irrelevant whether the men use rugs, transplants or other means to “restore” their locks as long as those “solar panels for that sex machine” don't show.

The point is that it is no surprise when men also dye their hair in such places, especially when the individual wishes to project a particular image of himself that is obviously not real. In most cases, they fail and it can be rather funny but essentially, it is rather sad.
      November 11, 2016 3:46 AM MST

for many older guys, having a slightly darker hair color can help them look a  LITTLE younger.

but it's a double-edged sword......darker hair, the more the lines/wrinkles show up!!  so it's a neverending battle.

I see nothing 'feminine' about it..it's, for  lots of older men, a way to keep their jobs!!!!! 

BUT they have to make sure they don't go too dark.........worst thing ever!!!

I'm a retired makeup artist and the old saying about older men's hair still rings true:

KEEP IT SHORT....... shorter hair is ALWAYS more youthful.....AND NO BEARDS/MUSTACHES,,,,,ALSO AGING!!

example; in stage makeup,anytime someone is to appear 'mature' they always add facial hair.

something to think about, guys, right???

GEE I really veered WAY off course of your question, but maybe someone'll get something out of my reply!!

November 12, 2016 9:10 AM MST