Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do All Religions lead to God?

Do All Religions lead to God?

Romans 1:19-21 contains the biblical explanation for why there are so many religions. The truth of God is seen and known by every human being because God has made it so. Instead of accepting the truth about God and submitting to it, most human beings reject it and seek their own way to understand God. But this leads not to enlightenment regarding God, but to futility of thinking. Here is where we find the basis of the “many religions.”

Many people do not want to believe in a God who demands righteousness and morality, so they invent a God who makes no such requirements. Many people do not want to believe in a God who declares it impossible for people to earn their own way to heaven. So they invent a God who accepts people into heaven if they have completed certain steps, followed certain rules, and/or obeyed certain laws, at least to the best of their ability. Many people do not want a relationship with a God who is sovereign and omnipotent. So they imagine God as being more of a mystical force than a personal and sovereign ruler.

The existence of so many religions is not an argument against God's existence or an argument that truth about God is not clear. Rather, the existence of so many religions is demonstration of humanity's rejection of the one true God. Mankind has replaced Him with gods that are more to their liking. This is a dangerous enterprise. The desire to recreate God in our own image comes from the sin nature within us—a nature that will eventually “reap destruction” (Galatians 6:7-8).

Do all religions lead to God? Actually they do. All but one leads to His judgment. Only one—Christianity—leads to His forgiveness and eternal life. No matter what religion one embraces, everyone will meet God after death (Hebrews 9:27). All religions lead to God, but only one religion will result in God's acceptance, because only through His salvation through faith in Jesus Christ can anyone approach Him with confidence. The decision to embrace the truth about God is important for a simple reason: eternity is an awfully long time to be wrong. This is why right thinking about God is so critical.

Posted - July 3, 2016

Responses

• "This is why right thinking about God is so critical."

Yep, that's why you better make sure you follow the one true religion: Islam.

I'm glad we've settled that. Have a nice day and Allahu akbar. :D

July 3, 2016 9:00 PM MDT

Absolutely.  All religions are a pathway to God for those who know how to reach God through proper guidance and example.   For those who do not?  No religion is going to do a thing.

THE SCIENCE OF RELIGION by Paramahansa Yogananda

Dramatic discoveries of the past century are reshaping our understanding of the origin and nature of the universe, from the vast reaches of intergalactic space to the subtle mechanisms of the human mind and pysche. Yet answers to the most enigmatic challenges of life - "Who am I? Why am I here?" - remain tantalizingly elusive.

Einstein once declared: "Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is blind." In The Science of Religion Paramahansa Yogananda (author of the acclaimed spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi) reveals why the answers to the ultimate questions of both science and religion do not lie in scholarly research or blind belief, but in direct personal experience of a higher Reality that underlies and sustains all life. With compelling logic, he explores the relative effectiveness of various approaches to this goal - from traditional intellectual and religious disciplines to metaphysical practices that lead beyond the conscious and subconscious mind to a superconscious awareness. Stripping away the cloaks of dogma and doctrine, he redefines religion on a basis at once universal and intensely personal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      July 3, 2016 9:03 PM MDT

Christianity is not a religion.

How many religions worshiping the God of Abraham do you think there were when Paul wrote those letters? 

July 3, 2016 9:44 PM MDT

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father but through me." Jesus says; John 14:6

And he is coming back to judge the living and the dead! Is he coming this year? some believe he is because year 2016 it is 70th jubilee since the first jubilee, and 40th since Jesus death. Super exciting times we live although hard. I found this online (not copyrighted)

What are the dates of the 70 Jubilees?

The Jubilees clock began ticking in 1416 BC when the children of Israel entered Canaan. The first Jubilee was 49 years later in 1367 BC. Every 49 years another Jubilee has occurred.

Dates of the 70 Jubilees
    Year - BC Year - BC Year - AD Year - AD Year - AD
    1 1367 15 681 29 6 43 692 57 1378
    2 1318 16 632 30 55 44 741 58 1427
    3 1269 17 583 31 104 45 790 59 1476
    4 1220 18 534 32 153 46 839 60 1525
    5 1171 19 485 33 202 47 888 61 1574
    6 1122 20 436 34 251 48 937 62 1623
    7 1073 21 387 35 300 49 986 63 1672
    8 1024 22 338 36 349 50 1035 64 1721
    9 975 23 289 37 398 51 1084 65 1770
    10 926 24 240 38 447 52 1133 66 1819
    11 877 25 191 39 496 53 1182 67 1868
    12 828 26 142 40 545 54 1231 68 1917
    13 779 27 93 41 594 55 1280 69 1966
    14 730 28 44 42 643 56 1329 70 2015

The Final Jubilee Year is 2015-2016

The final Jubilee will begin on the Day of Atonement in the fall of 2015. There will have been 40 complete Jubilee cycles following Christ’s death. Isn’t that interesting? There are so many 40’s in the Bible and 40 is a significant number to God. The 40 Jubilees after Christ’s death bring us to the end of probationary time. After the fall of 2016 there will be no more opportunities for people to repent and receive eternal life.

Jesus is King for 40 ½ Jubilees

Jesus died in 31 AD in the middle of the 30th Jubilee cycle. There were 40 ½ Jubilee cycles yet to occur to complete the total of 70.

When Jesus was resurrected He was taken to heaven to reign as king with God on His throne. Jesus ascended to heaven in 31AD and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

“Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2.

When Jesus comes the second time to get His people He will have reigned in heaven as king for 40 ½ Jubilee cycles. He will have reigned from 31 AD – 55 AD (1/2 Jubilee cycle) and from 55AD – 2016 AD (40 Jubilee cycles) for a total of 40 ½ Jubilee cycles.

David reigned over the children of Israel as their king. Notice how long David reigned as king:

“And they anointed David king over Israel. David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years. In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years over all Israel and Judah.” 2 Samuel 5:3-5.

David reigned in Hebron 7 ½ years and in Jerusalem 33 years for a total of 40 ½ years. David was a type of Jesus and David’s throne was given to Jesus after His resurrection.

“And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” Luke 1:31-33.

David reigned as king on earth for 40 ½ years.
    Jesus will reign as king in heaven for 40 ½ Jubilees.

From Canaan to Canaan

The 70 Jubilees clock began when the children of Israel entered Canaan, the land God had promised them. The 70 Jubilees clock will end when God’s people enter heavenly Canaan, the land God has promised them. From earthly Canaan to heavenly Canaan is 70 Jubilees.

Read on to find out Will we have had 6,000 years of sin by 2016?

July 3, 2016 10:01 PM MDT

None of them do.
      July 3, 2016 10:03 PM MDT

Jesus, Almighty God died for all your sins on the cross 2016 years ago. Only Jesus can save. I care about you, and I respect you but please consider who will pay for all your sins?

Here are some women who were saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkczulZ-LkY

July 3, 2016 10:25 PM MDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNcPVNboooQ

Here is a video about a Muslim Man who Jesus helped. There are many You Tube videos of people who are Muslims and Jesus saved them. I care very much about you I love all people (even terrorists) and I just want you to pray to God for wisdom. Jesus gives us a new heart, a loving heart, answers our prayers today, and forgives all our sins, and we  go to heaven, not because of what WE do, but because of what Jesus did on the cross for u 2016 years ago.

July 4, 2016 12:54 AM MDT

If Jesus is Almighty God, why does the Bible say:

(1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.
    (John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you, 2 according as you have given him authority over all flesh, that, as regards the whole [number] whom you have given him, he may give them everlasting life. 3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
    (John 14:28) YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.
    (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God.
    (John 20:17) Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”
    (Revelation 3:2) Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your deeds fully performed before my God.
    (Revelation 3:12) “‘The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine.

(John 5:19) Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner.
    (John 5:30) I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

(Revelation 1:1) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

July 4, 2016 5:02 AM MDT

Do any of them lead to God?
    I think not. A direct experience
    of God is not found in religion.
      July 4, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost or the Holy Trinity. All in perfect harmony, full of grace and mercy, devoted to the good of all mankind. Just like man, We have a spirit, and a soul and we live in a body. 

July 4, 2016 3:38 PM MDT

Texas, I resent the fact that your Jehovah Witness group has taken it upon themselves to declare the followers of Jesus Christ as SLAVES.

I think you will have to answer for this, because it is changing the Word of God, and God made provision for this very thing.

July 4, 2016 3:43 PM MDT

But the Word of God is a safety net so that you will know what to look out for, as there are deceiving spirits waiting to seduce the vunerable, with the intent of leading them astray, but if you stay close to the Word of God, you will have discernment, so that you can recognize the wiles of the enemy. 

July 4, 2016 3:51 PM MDT

Sharona ~

Many people do not want to believe in a God who demands righteousness and morality, so they invent a God who makes no such requirements. Many people do not want to believe in a God who declares it impossible for people to earn their own way to heaven. So they invent a God who accepts people into heaven if they have completed certain steps, followed certain rules, and/or obeyed certain laws, at least to the best of their ability. Many people do not want a relationship with a God who is sovereign and omnipotent. So they imagine God as being more of a mystical force than a personal and sovereign ruler.

July 4, 2016 3:58 PM MDT

Sharonna~ Does your religion believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God?

I think not.........end of story!!!

July 4, 2016 4:57 PM MDT

no

July 4, 2016 5:34 PM MDT

No, not all religions lead to God. (See the article in the link at the bottom.) In fact, the Bible foretold an apostasy with a return to true worship in the time of the end.

(Acts 20:29-31) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31œTherefore keep awake, and bear in mind that for three years, night and day, I did not quit admonishing each one with tears.

(2 Thessalonians 2:3-7) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is calledœgod or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 5 Do YOU not remember that, while I was yet with YOU, I used to tell YOU these things? 6 And so now YOU know the thing that acts as a restraint, with a view to his being revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work; but only till he who is right now acting as a restraint gets to be out of the way.
    (2 Peter 2:1-3) However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.
    (1 Timothy 4:1-3) However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, 2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; 3 forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.
    (2 Timothy 4:3-4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.
    Matthew 24:11) And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;

(1 Timothy 1:3-4) Just as I encouraged you to stay in Eph′e·sus when I was about to go my way into Mac·e·do′ni·a, so I do now, that you might command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, 4 nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.

(1 Timothy 4:7) But turn down the false stories which violate what is holy and which old women tell. On the other hand, be training yourself with godly devotion as your aim.

(2 Peter 1:16) No, it was not by following artfully contrived false stories that we acquainted YOU with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it was by having become eyewitnesses of his magnificence.

KNOWLEDGE ABUNDANT IN THE TIME OF THE END

(Daniel 12:3-4) “And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever. 4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”

(Daniel 12:9-10) And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.

(Daniel 8:17) So he came beside where I was standing, but when he came I got terrified so that I fell upon my face. And he proceeded to say to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of [the] end.”

(Revelation 1:1-3) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw. 3 Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.
    (Revelation 22:10) He also tells me: Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, for the appointed time is near.
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    (Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances.€

(Matthew 13:24-30) Another illustration he set before them, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field. 25 While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat, and left.26 When the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds appeared also. 27 So the slaves of the householder came up and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it come to have weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ They said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29 He said, ‘No; that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, YOU uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell the reapers, First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up, then go to gathering the wheat into my storehouse.’”

(Matthew 13:36-43) Then after dismissing the crowds he went into the house. And his disciples came to him and said: “Explain to us the illustration of the weeds in the field.” 37 In response he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels.40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

Jesus said we can know the truth. We have to pray for Holy Spirit to help our understanding, read with an open mind, and be willing to let go of any preconceived ideas as we find out that they are not really from the Bible. The Ethiopian Eunich was humble enough to accept help from Philip and the Beroeans were humble enough to listen to Paul and check the scriptures closely to see if what Paul was saying was so as he reasoned with them from the scriptures.

(Acts 17:2) So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

(Acts 17:10-11) Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Be·roe′a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

(Acts 8:26-40) However, Jehovah’s angel spoke to Philip, saying: “Rise and go to the south to the road that runs down from Jerusalem to Ga′za.” (This is a desert road.) 27 With that he rose and went, and, look! an E·thi·o′pi·an eunuch, a man in power under Can·da′ce queen of the E·thi·o′pi·ans, and who was over all her treasure. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28 but he was returning and was sitting in his chariot and reading aloud the prophet Isaiah. 29 So the spirit said to Philip: “Approach and join yourself to this chariot.” 30 Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading?” 31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so, unless someone guided me?” And he entreated Philip to get on and sit down with him. 32 Now the passage of Scripture that he was reading aloud was this: “As a sheep he was brought to the slaughter, and as a lamb that is voiceless before its shearer, so he does not open his mouth. 33 During his humiliation the judgment was taken away from him. Who will tell the details of his generation? Because his life is taken away from the earth.” 34 In answer the eunuch said to Philip: “I beg you, About whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?” 35 Philip opened his mouth and, starting with this Scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus. 36 Now as they were going over the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said: “Look! A body of water; what prevents me from getting baptized?” 37 —— 38 With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 When they had come up out of the water, Jehovah’s spirit quickly led Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him anymore, for he kept going on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip was found to be in Ash′dod, and he went through the territory and kept on declaring the good news to all the cities until he got to Caes·a·re′a.

(2 Corinthians 10:3-5) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to [what we are in the] flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. 5 For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God; and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ;

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009403?q=do+all+religions+lead+...

Do All Religions Lead to the Same God?

July 7, 2016 7:30 AM MDT

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/mat/24/45/t_bibles_953045

Mt 24:45

KJV Who then is a faithful and wise servant(doulos), whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

NASB “Who then is the faithful and sensible slave(doulos) whom his [fn]master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time?

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1...doulos

a slave, bondman, man of servile condition

1. a slave

Matthew 12:18 (KJV) Behold my servant(pais), whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

pais -

Child, Children, Childbearing, Childish, Childless:

signifies

(a) "a child in relation to descent,"

(b) "a boy or girl in relation to age,"

(c) "a servant, attendant, maid, in relation to condition."

July 17, 2016 11:14 AM MDT

"Do All Religions lead to God?"

==================================

1- The Islamic perspective is that all religions that came from God lead to God.

2- God is the creator of all humanity. It is therefore not likely that He would have left any people at any time in history without guidance.

3- God inspired Adam with guidance for his children and progeny and if any of them had followed this guidance it would have obviously lead them to God.

4- The same can be said for all those other guides who were genuinely sent by God, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus, to name just a few from the Bible. There must have been many other guides not mentioned in the Bible but sent by God to other peoples of the world. Since they all came from God they all lead to God.

5- Each subsequent guide naturally replaced the previous guide, just as Jesus replaced Moses.

6- Muslims believe that just like all previous guides from God lead to God, similarly Mohammed, the final guide from God, leads to God.

July 26, 2016 6:34 PM MDT