Discussion » Questions » Politics » If you had to choose between any of the other Republican candidates besides this thing, who would you have preferred? (tough one, I know)

If you had to choose between any of the other Republican candidates besides this thing, who would you have preferred? (tough one, I know)

Posted - November 11, 2016

Responses

• Rand  or Carly
      November 11, 2016 10:02 AM MST

The only true outsider to run, Ted Cruz. I'll wait for the hate from the anti Cruz people.
      November 11, 2016 10:02 AM MST

• I'm almost more relieved that Trump is president over Cruz!
      November 11, 2016 10:16 AM MST

Look for once, politically, I am with you.  Teddy boy is not my cup of tea by a long shot but compared to this choice? I would have ran to vote for him if I ONLY KNEW in the primaries this would happen.  I would have voted for Glen Beck before this guy though.  Anything is better than this choice. 
      November 11, 2016 3:53 PM MST

@njm -- You reveal your preference for theocratic autocracy over a pluralistic democracy and you're shocked...SHOCKED that people think poorly of you? Curious that...;-D....
      November 11, 2016 4:07 PM MST

You really think I give a crap how people on this site see me? What do you do, take polls?
      November 11, 2016 8:08 PM MST

Rand Paul.
      November 11, 2016 10:03 AM MST

• Kasich, Fiorina, or Paul, in that order. 
      November 11, 2016 10:16 AM MST

Thanks Nev.  I never thought I'd be missing those guys. 
      November 11, 2016 10:19 AM MST

I will have to get back to you on that.
      November 11, 2016 10:33 AM MST

Bill Weld.
      November 11, 2016 11:28 AM MST

That's like asking which form of cancer I'd like to have...;-D...

Sorry, as much as I loathe Trump, I am also distinctly aware the racism/xenophobia/sexism/jingoism which were the fundamental basis of his campaign are deeply woven into the fabric of the Republican party and its supporters.

Let's review....

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

--Lee Atwater, former Reagan campaign director and RNC chair

All Trump has done is gone back to 1954...and added Sp*cs, F***ING HADJIS, and Feminazis to the list of acceptable epithets.

All the rest of the GOP does is use the coding/abstraction laid out by Atwater.
      November 11, 2016 11:38 AM MST

That's like asking which form of cancer I'd like to have...;-D...   (for a minute I thought I'd written that)

AND?  I totally agree.  I want to see what people think. 

I mostly totally agree, OS, however; as revolting as these other choices were and you are RIGHT on about their motives and plain ineptitude concerning anything to do with a worthy PLAN for the USA, either foreign or domestic, they were still better choices.  Yes, they are snakes and have nothing worthy to offer, but are they this maniacal in their thinking and behaviors?  Well, I was going to try and compare one of the other choices to Trump but you are right.  They all suck.  Just as badly.  Just not as loudly. 

You can do a lot of harm being Dr. Ben Carson, but he still is not going to top the Donald in making bad choices.  Well, that was what I wanted to say, but I am wrong.  He would be just as bad.  Worse, even maybe. That guy was out to lunch for life.

The thought of picking him or any of those guys makes my gut feel real bad.  Cancer-ridden, actually.  So, you are right.  I couldn't do it.  They were just as bad just different and more sneaky. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 11, 2016 4:01 PM MST
      November 11, 2016 3:58 PM MST

Mike Huckabee. Rand Paul
      November 11, 2016 7:15 PM MST

Of course.  You would pick the one person that can actually make me sicker than TRUMP. Mike Fkabee.
      November 11, 2016 7:19 PM MST

Of course.
      November 11, 2016 7:33 PM MST

Let me explain how obnoxious this tool is.  For you.  Just for you.  He had Ted Nugent, the animals have no rights and I need to shoot them anytime I want to, guy...?  You know, dear compassionate Christian that you think you are?  Well, Mike had him on stage to get the redneck, racist vote.  So Ted is screaming his horrible record Cat Scratch Fever,  which is about screwing a 15 year old girl and her nether region.   He likes to make pussy purr.  That Ted Nugent. 

Mike did that.  He thought that was cool. 

That is who your choice is.  That is why I cannot respect anything you think politically. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 11, 2016 7:42 PM MST
      November 11, 2016 7:40 PM MST

Nothing wrong with hunting. Do you eat meat? Someone has to kill it. You may feel better about it because your meat came from the grocery store but guess what it is all still an animal. 

So the only thing you can find to complain about Huckabee is he supports hunting and you don't like a singer.....so good to have policy issues to stand on. 
      November 11, 2016 7:47 PM MST

Of COURSE I do not eat meat. 

I stopped reading, I can't take you for very long.  I really have no patience. 
      November 11, 2016 7:48 PM MST

So no other policy issues with Huckabee. 
      November 11, 2016 7:53 PM MST

I'm still laughing at your comment to Old School on the other question about being a person who likes facts.  You did say that?

If you like facts, how can you vote for Trump?   Really? 
      November 11, 2016 8:06 PM MST

You know what? He beat hillary so it is all ok. And he did it without selling out to banks.  I wanted bernie to win and not sell out but hillary made that impossible so this is ok.
      November 11, 2016 11:08 PM MST