Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Instead of being derisive about it, how do we get RID of HIM? We have 4 years with nothing better to do now. HOW? It CAN be done.

Instead of being derisive about it, how do we get RID of HIM? We have 4 years with nothing better to do now. HOW? It CAN be done.

Posted - November 11, 2016

Responses

• Tee hee I am in NO way advocating murder or assassination but a tale to tell.. apparently a guy from my home town in England tried to assassinate Trump and was arrested.. Now I am not saying I am proud of his actions but I cannot help but let my mind wander.. i wonder what would have happened had this guy from my home town been successful.....
      November 11, 2016 10:39 AM MST

That is not the answer.  We would have Pence which I actually believe is MUCH MUCH worse and we will still be stuck with everyone he appoints.

This is something unprecedented, but so was letting this clown take reign over our country. 
      November 11, 2016 10:51 AM MST

• No worries I appreciate your answer.. as I say I don't advocate assassination.. that isn't the answer - I just wanted to share that story with you.. It was just so surprising that the guy who attempted the assasination was from about the tamest quietest well behaved town in England.. certainly not a place you would expect to find an assassin.  We don't even have guns here.. so you wonder how he became someone who tried to shoot trump....
      November 11, 2016 10:56 AM MST

I don't believe there is squat we can do now....too late.  Brexit American style.
      November 11, 2016 11:27 AM MST

• Wellllllllllllll I have seen this shocking election of someone entirely unsuited compared to Brexit.. but honestly and respectfully i say it's entirely different. In Brexit we didn't vote for someone who was spouting every kind of nastiness and pettiness imaginable.. we didn't vote for someone who insults everyone and everything. We voted to leave an oppressive organisation that was stifling our economy, stifling our farming, stifling our freedom. Not many Americans really knew that the EU forbid and controlled the amount of trade we could have outside the EU.. it forced our farmers to pour milk down the drain while we were forced to import cheap EU milk. our fishermen couldn't fish or had to throw what they caught back while 10 miles away French etc fishermen were able to catch what they wanted and WE had to import it.. Oh and as one of the richest nations in the EU we were putting in way, way, way more than we were taking out.. yes it's *nice* to support other nations and all that but this money was really needed in the UK for our health system and our education system and our social care system....  It was lunacy and we were right to leave imo :-( 
    My main point to Americans at the time was... would YOU allow someone outside your own country to dictate what you can and cannot do? Answer no.. well why should we have to endure it then?   There were so many, increasingly restrictive dictates from un-elected EU officials.. lunacy :(
    So I know many Americans didn't get why we voted Brexit.. but it was based on many things that perhaps those outside the UK and EU didn't know.. 
      November 11, 2016 11:35 AM MST

To us it equivocates to one apparently xenophobic mistake or another....both of whom are regretted in the weak light of the morning after.  I'm eligible ffor Scottish citizenship and am seriosly considering it.
      November 11, 2016 11:41 AM MST

• Ok yes i know that's how the Americans saw it.. but as i say they perhaps weren't aware of the pages and pages of legislation dictated to us by the EU.. effectively we were forced to do what they said.. and many of the rules were stupid and very damaging.. 

It truly wasn't about xenophobia and hopefully what i have said will enable you to see there was another side of it.. unelected EU officials from outside the UK stopped us from making trade deals with other countries... told us what we could do and couldn't ... a mountain of legislation that hurt business and manufacturing not to mention farming.  

We also DO have a huge immigration problem.. you will see from my  posts i am the last person you could accuse of being racist but we have a problem.. we are a tiny country but have immigrants from all round the world and in huge numbers.. this isn't about hating any one race or any colour.. it's about the fact that our country physically cannot sustain those numbers - we don't have enough water, land or natural resources.. not to mention jobs, health services, schools...
      November 11, 2016 12:01 PM MST

Well than you for telling me..and my family in GB...that we have no idea what we are thinking/talking about.  For as little as I have said you've assumed a wide range of my motivations and thoughts.

Have a nice day.

November 11, 2016 3:16 PM MST

I kept wanting to use that reference myself and never got around to it.  I wonder of those in charge now over there (I am bad at across the pond politics, but I am listening here and there) are as loathsome as this guy here?  The scary part is, when governing is concerned and white mentality abounds, there are Trumps aplenty allowed to flourish.  Not necessarily white skin, but that mentality.  I am sure there are all kinds of political terms related to it, but we both know.  Basically ENTITLEMENT backed by a police force, kind of. 
      November 11, 2016 1:02 PM MST

• He got himself elected ... I also believe he'll get himself impeached of unelected ... Whatever comes first ... In the meantime, down here the sun continues to rise each morning .. trust in the checks and balances to keep control
      November 11, 2016 3:21 PM MST

Remember when Obama won and the republicans sadly grabbed at every fleeting idea of how to get him out of office? It was a pathetic thing then and it is a pathetic thing now. To them we said he is there as president and that is how it is so make the best of it and stop wasting energy trying to change what will not change. That is true now.
      November 11, 2016 7:23 PM MST

Darling, what exactly do you mean when you say "we"?
      November 12, 2016 1:13 AM MST

You have four years to come up with a better candidate than lying, criminal Hillary. Won't be Sanders, already too old. 
      November 12, 2016 3:39 AM MST

Hello t:

We can move to a red state and run for the school board..  What?? 

excon
      November 12, 2016 5:47 AM MST