Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Did anybody cry when President Trump won?

Did anybody cry when President Trump won?

I did.

I never understood past elections when the losing side would file out of the convention center in tears. Tears!

Watching the States fall one by one, like dominoes, . . .Florida, Boom! . . .Pennsylvania,  Boom!. . .Ohio, Boom!. . .Minnesota, Boom!         Boom!         BOOM! 

Two inches from the TV my stomach contorted and I felt like throwing up, my chest filled and my nose itched. And sniffled. Then, without my approval, tears jumped out from my eyes like tiny little frogs.

What a thing folks. 

What a thing.

Note: This is not about expressing your views on how much you despise President Trump or Hillary. There are plenty many a thread for that.

Posted - November 12, 2016

Responses

• I know 's K,  when my super hombre of a son told me he was gay, I was not as shocked as I was when he won. I completely understand your feeling.
      November 12, 2016 11:08 AM MST

Lots of people cried, I am not one of them. I never thought that Hillary Clinton would lose the presidential election, I was convinced long ago that with each stupid utterance from Donald Trump's mouth over the past several months, more voters slipped through his fitngers. I also believed the sentiment that the power lobby (of which the Clintons are staunch and lifelong members) would never let/allow/permit Trump to win.
    On election night, I could have been knocked over with a feather seeing the tally of electoral votes, that's how surprised I was. As an aside, I am not now, nor have I ever been pro-Hillary.
    ~
      November 12, 2016 9:55 AM MST

• I certainly can identify with you on that one. There was nothing in the.world that anybody could ever tell me would have been enough to make me think he was going to win. Until my bowl of caramel and cheese popcorn hit the wall.
      November 12, 2016 11:11 AM MST

Lol!
    ~
      November 12, 2016 11:15 AM MST

Same here.  My shock started with Florida and that was early in the night.   I would never vote for a Clinton though, no matter what.
      November 12, 2016 4:31 PM MST

*fingers
      November 12, 2016 7:21 PM MST

No, it was more like this...;-D...

November 12, 2016 10:23 AM MST

• Oh man, isn't that right!!!
      November 12, 2016 11:16 AM MST

• Not emotionally invested enough in politics to cry.
      November 12, 2016 11:54 AM MST

That seems to me a completely sane and mature perspective. 
    ~
      November 12, 2016 6:57 PM MST

• , I do know a lot of people like that. Although I find a little hard to believe that you, especially, do not get emotionally invested in things like this. But hey, if you say so. I 'll accept it. Thanks for responding, Glis.
      November 12, 2016 7:31 PM MST

I wept like a baby. Totally devastated. 
      November 12, 2016 11:55 AM MST

• I can understand that Spirit . Thank you for answering.
      November 12, 2016 7:27 PM MST

Hardly.  It's an election and in a democracy we accept the result and move on..That was the pre-Obama American way.  These kids were brainwashed or otherwise morphed into what we are seeing on the TV.   They are adults and it's time for them to go home, or more likely, their parents' home and get a job. 
      November 12, 2016 4:28 PM MST

• What are you talking about thrifty?
      November 12, 2016 7:28 PM MST

What part do you not understand?
      November 12, 2016 9:21 PM MST

• I don't understand how any of that relates to the question.
      November 12, 2016 9:44 PM MST

Yes, I cried.  I cried the next day too.  Devastating....
      November 12, 2016 4:44 PM MST

• I can understand that too Sugar, I have a very close friend that told me her husband was still crying days after the Brexit decision. Sometimes I still feel.the.pangs of that tight feeling.
    And, believe me, I am not the.crying type. 
    Thanks S.
      November 12, 2016 8:18 PM MST

I actually laughed..
    Hillary seemed so much more professional and she lost to a clown. It's tragic.
      November 12, 2016 6:53 PM MST

Her concession speech was extremely professional and very well-delivered, such to the point that even I was impressed, a true non-fan of the Clinton clan. I give her kudos for it as the best instance of public address that I have ever heard from her. 

~

November 12, 2016 7:00 PM MST

• That's how I feel Randy. The process is what matters. That the democratic process continues and the there's a peaceful transfer of power.  That's what separates us from third world banana republics.  I learned in the military that I did not have to like my superiors, but I still had to respect the rank. That's the glue that keeps our identity as Americans going.  
    Don't get me wrong, there are very few words I have not called him, and I will be watching. But the people have spoken and they did landsladingly loud, and Mr Trump.is the.President. 
    Well said Randy.
      November 12, 2016 7:45 PM MST

Thank you, and thank you also for serving!
    ~
      November 12, 2016 7:51 PM MST

• That was the impression of many. Although not of many enough.  Thanks Patchouli.
      November 12, 2016 7:34 PM MST

Oh that would be my best friend.  She thinks she won the lottery.  She cried tears of joy and then tried to tell me about it.  I had to stop her.

It was like having someone shoot someone and exclaim joy and tell you about it and the person she shot is your husband.   It was a terrible analogy, but in essence that is what it is like for me to hear someone express how wonderful Adolph Hitler is. 

I cannot handle that.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 12, 2016 7:16 PM MST
      November 12, 2016 7:11 PM MST