Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Are you smarter than a computer? What is the most substantive way to prove it irrrefutably? Because?

Are you smarter than a computer? What is the most substantive way to prove it irrrefutably? Because?

Posted - November 14, 2016

Responses

I am because I can smash one to pieces and it can't squish me.
      November 14, 2016 10:41 AM MST

SkyNet begs to differ...;-D...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)
      November 14, 2016 12:13 PM MST

Oh  Boy! Something else to worry about OS! Many mahalos for that m'dear!  As if I didn't have enough on my worry plate!  :( Oy Vey!
      November 15, 2016 2:31 AM MST

((hugs)) I LOVE IT ele! Me too. Even though I'm an average typical little old lady I can smash my computer to smithereens too! I never thought it about it that way.  This proves Might Makes Right, right? Thank you for your reply. I am woman hear me ROAR! :)
      November 15, 2016 2:28 AM MST

Of course! Computers don't have bodies. They don't have the capacity of the functions of the brain. Everything in the brain is biological, including self repair. Computers don't work like brains. Brains are more complex and they are living organisms. 
      November 14, 2016 11:50 AM MST

Apparently the human brain is beyond comparison as far as it's ability to accept and process information. 
      November 14, 2016 12:15 PM MST

Yes people are.
    Computers can't think like a person can unless they are programmed to.
    Here is an example; most computers are not like this not but they used to be:
    You work at a company and you are looking up a customer you think is named Joe "White". The computer says "No such person". As far as the computer goes this person does not exist. It is because the computer ONLY looked for "White"; it can't think.
    But the person will think maybe it is "Whyte" and look that up.
      November 14, 2016 3:59 PM MST

That is a fine example C&D. Thank you for your reply and providing a simple example that is easily understood. I appreciate it! Happy Tuesday to you m'dear! :)
      November 15, 2016 2:29 AM MST