Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Have you ever been elected president of anything?

Have you ever been elected president of anything?

Did it change your understanding or alter your criticism of elected officials?

Posted - November 16, 2016

Responses

Yes, and no it didn't change my criticism. 
      November 16, 2016 8:06 AM MST

• Yes, I was elected president of the professional organization I was a member of when I worked for the state.  
      November 16, 2016 8:31 AM MST

Hello Jane:

I was elected president of the Beverly Hills Young Democrats.  I had a steering committee.  I didn't LIKE them. They wanted INPUT into what I was doing.. I thought I was running the show.  Turns out, I wasn't.  It WASN'T a successful presidency. 

I ran a successful business..  But, I could FIRE people.  It's much HARDER to run a successful organization when you CAN'T fire people.  I'm no good at it.

This was 1968.  The country was in turmoil and so was my party.   Kinda reminds me of NOW!!!

excon This post was edited by excon at November 16, 2016 7:17 PM MST
      November 16, 2016 8:55 AM MST

Yes, I was President of a woman's civic club. I've been an officer of many organizations, including a teachers' union. No, I think that each office has a job and a responsibility to the office they have been elected to do. You have to listen to criticism and suggestions. That is how people communication. Communication is key. I also wrote a newsletter for a large school district, and I was writing criticisms all the time. Inform and criticize, and give my opinion. 
      November 16, 2016 9:58 AM MST

I was elected senior patrol leader in my scout troop and I was just as corrupt as every other elected official in history.
      November 16, 2016 4:18 PM MST

• I was chosen as president of my high school's Latin Club senior year :)
      November 18, 2016 6:14 PM MST