Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Who else on this site is into dance music?

Who else on this site is into dance music?

I've posted 6 songs in the Dance Party group and nobody has responded to any of them yet. Surely I can't be the only one on here who likes dance music.

Posted - November 23, 2016

Responses

November 23, 2016 6:59 PM MST

• I like most music, there are exceptions of course, but I never did see your post. Wait!! Could that be because I have never heard of the Dance Party group?
      November 23, 2016 7:06 PM MST

November 24, 2016 11:58 AM MST

I know the most of them and they are all great. I love dancing, but don't go clubbing anymore. :-)
      November 24, 2016 1:28 PM MST

Might be to old for that s***. But I'd love going with you, and a few others too. What a dance, what a party. Yay!!
      November 24, 2016 11:08 PM MST

• Dancing is sinful and leads to perdition. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 23, 2016 7:15 PM MST
      November 23, 2016 7:14 PM MST

• Did You Know?

Perdition began life as a word meaning "utter destruction"; that sense is now archaic, but it provides a clue about the origins of the word. "Perdition" was borrowed into English in the 14th century from Anglo-French perdiciun and ultimately derives from the Latin verb perdere, meaning "to destroy." "Perdere" was formed by combining the prefix per- ("through") and "dare" ("to give"). Other descendants of that Latin dare in English include "date," "edition," "render," and "traitor."

November 23, 2016 7:24 PM MST

• Yes.
      November 23, 2016 7:29 PM MST

Sinful? What do you mean? Dancing is great. Is this some kinda joke? Lol:)
      November 24, 2016 11:59 AM MST

Lol:)
      November 24, 2016 12:22 PM MST

And some of us are good men who know our limitations....;-D....

November 24, 2016 1:30 PM MST

I can't even duplicate the efforts of Mr. Really Really Really Bad Dancer. What does that make me?...;-D...
      November 24, 2016 1:35 PM MST

I'm talking about nightclub music. See link in my response to michaela2001'a answer.
      November 24, 2016 12:21 PM MST

God ain't gonna see my feet 'cos I'm keeping my shoes on. Lol:)
      November 26, 2016 4:38 PM MST

Those shoes look fabulous, WingedWonder. I wish I could walk in them, unfortunately I can't. Still, I love my ballet flats. See Madonna's shoes in this video? I wear shoes like those.
      November 26, 2016 4:56 PM MST

• Not that it matters to me, I can't dance and that is only because I have an issue mixing music and movement. I have no issue with rhythm though and can clap my hands and tap my toes in line with the beat. If this, and dancing, is sinful, then I have been sinful for almost 70 years and I LOVE it!
      November 23, 2016 7:27 PM MST

WW  let's dance.  You, me, the Muggers all, and Lady Gaga's twin sister.   (this singer looks like her, not the girl in the vid)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 7, 2020 7:44 AM MDT
      November 24, 2016 1:24 PM MST

Just DANCE.  God likes it. 

He gave us legs and rhythm and a voice and soul for a reason.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 7, 2020 7:44 AM MDT
      November 24, 2016 12:31 PM MST

This pushes the boundaries of the TOS a bit, but what the heck...;-D...

November 24, 2016 1:38 PM MST

You probably do not remember this.  I barely knew you and I accidentally posted a Lady Gaga video that was beyond TOS.  LOL

I played it back and I was really freaked.  All kinds of things came out of her coochie and stuff. So this vid of yours is beyond tame.

I also have not forgotten that you took ballroom dance so you have to have some connection to that dance floor.  Plus you can play basketball and surf.  You have to have some coordination somewhere.  Like maybe even more than most people. 

I am terrible at it myself, but I never let it stop me.  LOL

(alcohol helped that problem when I was dancing because I made sure I didn't care what I looked like)

Back to Gaga.  I have not posted  Gaga in ages.  I miss Fille. 

This is not THAT video. I cannot remember which one that was.  It was probably banned by now.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 7, 2020 7:45 AM MDT
      November 24, 2016 1:51 PM MST

@Shar -- No, I don't remember that.

What's "too sexy" or not is highly subjective. I found the dancing in the Telex video quite alluring, although it's nothing you wouldn't see at a typical professional sports event where team dancers (e.g. The Laker Girls) perform similar routines.

OTOH, I once saw the R-rated version of the video for "Blurred Lines" (in which the models/dancers are topless) and found it borderline boring. Similarly, the few times in my life I've been to a nudie bar/strip club, I've been bored out of my mind.

With respect to my coordination/dancing abilities, one problem is I HAVE played sports all of my life, and dancing is VERY different from playing sports. Yes, they both involve coordinated muscle movement (unless you're Elaine Benes on "Seinfeld"...;-D...). But dancing frequently involves ISOLATING limb movements from the rest of the body, whereas surfing, skiing, basketball, etc. almost never do. It found this highly confounding when I tried to learn how to dance.
      November 24, 2016 2:02 PM MST

Stop thinking.  Have a brewski and get busy.  (I DO hear you, I am kidding here) 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 7, 2020 7:45 AM MDT
      November 24, 2016 2:03 PM MST

What's with all these references to God? My taste in music has nothing at all to do with religion. I love dance music because I enjoy the happy vibe. :)
      November 26, 2016 4:50 PM MST

Does he know you used "your" when it should say "you're"? Is that creepy? Lol:)
      November 26, 2016 5:12 PM MST