Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » I think Baron Trump may be autistic. This looks to be very accurate. Check it out...I never noticed, did you? (NOT making fun of him)

I think Baron Trump may be autistic. This looks to be very accurate. Check it out...I never noticed, did you? (NOT making fun of him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAd5Pu9iw4

Posted - November 26, 2016

Responses

I personally cannot say. They shouldn't do this.
      November 26, 2016 8:24 PM MST

pass on the link
      November 27, 2016 12:30 AM MST

• I figure you're going to get quite a bit of flak from this question, and I sure hope your intent is not to bash this kid. That said, I'm also sure that a lot of the people criticising the question will have very little knowledge of autism and the range of its spectrum.
    Personally, I don't know if he is or not, but from the level of disconnection and his mannerisms, he looks like a lot! of autistic kids I've been around.
    Again, this is just a personal opinion based solely on watching a couple of videos. 
      November 27, 2016 8:36 AM MST

Hello t:

Not ALL autism is the same.  SOME autistic people can SHOW us the way.  But, we think there's something WRONG with them.. Do you know about Temple Grandin??

excon
      November 27, 2016 8:46 AM MST

Good points. 

~
      November 27, 2016 10:14 AM MST

• All autism is the same Ex, all of it. The difference is not one of substance, but of degree.
    It's like two people at different stages of the flu. The magnitude of the symptoms may differ, but the flu is the same.
    Please don't take this as a confrontation. It is not meat to be.

November 27, 2016 10:41 AM MST

Of course I am not taking it that way.  Why would I?  I know very little about the disease.  I was just so saddened to see this poor kid up there confused and seemingly disoriented.  At least he is in a rich family and getting the best care, I do know that no matter what I say about Pig Trump, and hobag wife, they love him.   I honor them for that one.
      November 27, 2016 10:47 AM MST

• My comment was directed at Excon, Sharonna. )
      November 27, 2016 12:35 PM MST

Lago, sometimes this site does not post who the comment is directed to.  Did you notice that?  Now it is back.  I had some comments for Cruiser this morning and it went to the bottom of the page.  I have to get used to using the Mugger's name on here again to avoid confusion.  My bad.
      November 27, 2016 12:37 PM MST

• It's alright. )
      November 27, 2016 12:39 PM MST

I don't think there is anything at fault or not at fault. 

People born with this "affliction" are not at ease in the company of most people.  There are degrees of autism.  That guy that plays the piano (I forget his name now, there is a movie about him, I think he is autistic and is a savant)  is one case in millions.  We have this remarkable quality as human beings. When one avenue of communiation or thought or learning is blocked, we manage to find alternatives that DO provide many lessons to those of us not afflicted.

See Helen Keller.  Deaf, dumb and blind did not thwart her path.  Nor her brilliant mind.   So, autism is only one of many obstacles.

Brand new and Co-Authored by
    Dr. Temple Grandin. Don't miss
    "The Loving Push"!

The Autisic Brain

"A cutting-edge account of the latest science of autism, from the best-selling author Dr. Temple Grandin."

Read the fantastic review by an Occupational Therapist! 
    About Temple Grandin

Dr. Grandin didn't talk until she was three and a half years old, communicating her frustration instead by screaming, peeping, and humming. In 1950, Temple was diagnosed with autism. She tells her story of "groping her way from the far side of darkness" in her book Emergence: Labeled Autistic, a book which stunned the world because, until its publication, most professionals and parents assumed that an autism diagnosis was virtually a death sentence to achievement or productivity in life.

Dr. Grandin has become a prominent author and speaker on the subject of autism because "I have read enough to know that there are still many parents, and yes, professionals too, who believe that 'once autistic, always autistic.' This dictum has meant sad and sorry lives for many children diagnosed, as I was in early life, as autistic. To these people, it is incomprehensible that the characteristics of autism can be modified and controlled. However, I feel strongly that I am living proof that they can" (from Emergence: Labeled Autistic).

Even though she was considered "weird" in her young school years, she eventually found a mentor, who recognized her interests and abilities. Dr. Grandin later developed her talents into a successful career as a livestock-handling equipment designer, one of very few in the world. She has now designed the facilities in which half the cattle are handled in the United States, consulting for firms such as Burger King, McDonald's, Swift, and others.

Temple Grandin, Ph.D., is now the most accomplished and well-known adult with autism in the world. Her fascinating life, with all its challenges and successes has been brought to the screen. She has been featured on NPR (National Public Radio), major television programs, such as the BBC special "The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow", ABC's Primetime Live, The Today Show, Larry King Live, 48 Hours and 20/20, and has been written about in many national publications, such as Time magazine, People magazine, Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, and New York Times.. Among numerous other recognitions by media, Bravo Cable did a half-hour show on her life, and she was featured in the best-selling book, Anthropologist from Mars.

Dr. Grandin presently works as a Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. She also speaks around the world on both autism and cattle handling. At every Future Horizons conference on autism, the audience rates her presentation as 10+.

Stumbling Blocks for the Autistic -
    Often Conceptions rather than Ability.

If algebra had been a required course for college graduation in 1967, there would be no Temple Grandin.

At least, no Temple Grandin as the world knows her today: professor, inventor, best-selling author and rock star in the seemingly divergent fields of animal science and autism education.

"I probably would have been a handyman, fixing toilets at some apartment building somewhere," said Grandin, 66. "I can't do algebra. It makes no sense. Why does algebra have to be the gateway to all the other mathematics?"

The abstract concepts in algebra present a common stumbling block for many with an autism spectrum disorder, which affects an estimated 1 in 88 American children according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For autistic and "photo-realistic visual thinkers" such as Grandin, understanding comes from being able to see and work through a concept in images, creating what is in effect a virtual reality program that plays out in the brain. In this manner, Grandin - who didn't speak until she was almost 4 - conceptualized down to minute details her design for a humane livestock restraint system now used on nearly half of the cattle in the U.S.

Fortunately, the academic trend in the late 1960s was finite math, a course Grandin passed with the help of tutors and devoted study, satisfying her college math requirement. She went on to earn a bachelor's degree in psychology and both masters and doctoral degrees in animal science. For the past two decades, she's been a professor at Colorado State University.

"I was lucky. Very, very, very lucky," said Grandin, who's widely described as the most well-known person with autism in the world. With appearances on NBC's "Today" show and "Larry King Live," plus an Emmy-winning 2010 HBO docudrama based on her life, there's no arguing she's become something of a pop-culture icon.

The problem with labels.

As the number of children diagnosed with autism continues to rise nationally, Grandin is sharing her message about the disorder and "differently-abled brains" with packed houses. At the heart of that message is this: Rigid academic and social expectations could wind up stifling a mind that - while it might struggle to conjugate a verb - could one day take us to distant stars.

"Parents get so worried about the deficits that they don't build up the strengths, but those skills could turn into a job," said Grandin, who addresses scientific advances in understanding autism in her newest book, "The Autistic Brain: Thinking Across the Spectrum." "These kids often have uneven skills. We need to be a lot more flexible about things. Don't hold these math geniuses back. You're going to have to give them special ed in reading because that tends to be the pattern, but let them go ahead in math."

Early diagnosis can lead to early intervention and access to special education programs, and, while crucial for children with severe autism, also means a permanent label that ultimately could impede progress - and the healthy development of a child's identity.

"One of the problems today is for a kid to get any special services in school, they have to have a label. The problem with autism is you've got a spectrum that goes from Einstein down to someone with no language," said Grandin, who has a form of high-functioning autism known as Asperger's syndrome. "Steve Jobs was probably mildly on the autistic spectrum. Basically, you've probably known people who were geeky and socially awkward but very smart. When does geeks and nerds become autism? That's a gray area. Half the people in Silicon Valley probably have autism."

Lacking life skills.

A label also can impact parental expectations, a major source of therapeutic momentum. A parent with a diagnosed autistic child might be reluctant to teach practical, social skills that are outside the child's comfort zone, such as ordering food at a lunch counter.

"It hurts because they don't have enough expectations for the kids. I see too many kids who are smart who've graduated, but they're not getting a job because when they were young they didn't learn any work skills," Grandin said. "They've got no life skills. The parent thinks, 'Oh, poor Tommy, he has autism so he doesn't have to learn things like shopping.'"

Grandin was raised by her mother in the 1950s, a time when social skills were "pounded into every single child," she said.

"Children in my generation when they were teenagers they had jobs and learned how to work. I cleaned horse stalls," she said. "When I was 8 years old, my mother made me be a party hostess - shake hands, take coats. In the 1950s, social skills were taught in a much more rigid way so kids who were mildly autistic were forced to learn them. It hurts the autistic much more than it does the normal kids to not have these skills formally taught."

Erstwhile jobs such as neighborhood newspaper routes were perfect opportunities for children with autism to learn responsibility and how to function in the real world.

"I wish we still had them because they forced these children to interact with people," Grandin said.

The skills that people with autism bring to the table should be nurtured, for their benefit and society's, Grandin said. And if a cure for autism were found, she would choose to stay just the way she is.

"I like the really logical way that I think. I'm totally logical. In fact, it kind of blows my mind how irrational human beings are," she said. "If you totally got rid of autism, you'd have nobody to fix your computer in the future."

Autism facts.

- 1 in 88 U.S. children has been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
    - 1 in 85 Colorado children is affected by the disorder.
    - The national estimated prevalence of ASDs increased 78 percent between 2002 and 2008.
    - ASDs were found to affect almost five times as many boys as girls.
    - The majority (62 percent) of children with ASDs did not have intellectual disabilities.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 27, 2016 11:19 AM MST
      November 27, 2016 11:15 AM MST

I have no idea how to tell if someone is autistic......but I only saw him for about a minute when his buffoon of a father was making his big speech..........so he could be, but I'd not be the one to tell.

The 'vibe' I got from him is that he's gay.......just a feeling, of course........something about the way he stood, looked, carried himself, all that sort of thing.

OF COURSE I could be wrong..........but just  one guy's opinion.......
    +
      November 27, 2016 12:00 PM MST

• Gay???
      November 27, 2016 12:37 PM MST

LAGO, now that is ludicrous.  I mean if people are thinking I am taking a person and just guessing like that, Ben101,  whom I DO think might be gay himself, then I can see why people are getting furious if they don't know how to take what I am asking and making up all kinds of stupid nonsense.  I am not being snide about Ben, I think he said he was gay, but I may have that memory incorrect.  The only reason this came to my memory is because I have a lot of gay friends that remark that way about who they think may be gay.  I know gay people have great gaydar, but WHO CARES.   That is no issue anyone should be concerned with.  

1.  There is no evidence that he is gay.
    2.  Who gives 6 shts if he is or not.
    3.  This is not idle gossip I am trying to pass off as news. 
    4. I happen to be very interested in all modalities of cure and illness.  That is my career path.  So, this is something I cannot believe I did not notice until I saw this video and unless they just patched things in here to make it seem so?  (I doubt it) I think this is a great case pro-autism based on this evidence.  It is subtle but very typical of autistic people.  That's all. 

If Baron is not dating yet or even thinking about it, we need to leave him and his preferences alone. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 27, 2016 12:49 PM MST
      November 27, 2016 12:42 PM MST

• Why are you telling me Sharonna? I didn't say the kid was gay, that dude I was answering to did. Personally I think it's hilarious.  )
      November 27, 2016 12:49 PM MST

Lago, I had this same problem with Sapphic until we talked it out and I discovered she lives in a different country and English is a second language.  Like her, you speak brilliantly, so this is not my inferring that you cannot grasp what I am saying, but rather that I am amiss in realizing that you may be from somewhere else.   Can you please clear that up for me?  The stuff you don't comprehend is obvious to me, and I cannot see why you are getting confused. 

I did not say you said this.  I wanted you to read my answer.  I also said very clearly IN my answer who did say this.

So, what is up with this constantly having to clear things up that I say to you?  I don't get it.  Oh, and I am NOT mad or anything crazy like that.  LOL  
      November 27, 2016 12:52 PM MST

• Some people  consider the South, somewhere else. So maybe you are right.
      November 27, 2016 1:17 PM MST

As you probably know, I think that Trump is pretty much a monster and am still horrified that he's been elected. I saw a video (not sure if it's the one you shared, I didn't want to see any more), and I understand why people might wonder about this, but I don't understand why anyone would compile a video highlighting a young child's "unusual" behaviors and spread it on social media. I will say this, though. If his son IS on the autism spectrum, it makes the fact that Trump publicly mocked a reporter with a disability even more despicable, and probably does not bode well for young Baron.
      December 1, 2016 10:17 PM MST

• You should crawl back under the rock you came out from under for attacking a 10 year old kid the way you did with this question.  What are your credentials for suggestion this child is autistic?  All I have heard is he is a brilliant chip off his old man's block.  What is your purpose for even suggesting this?   What do you expect a 10 year old to do hours past his bed time to do while in front of hundreds of media cameras and thousands of screaming adoring fans of Trump?   Seriously?   This question is s#it and should be flagged for it's sheer ignorance.  Shameful beyond words. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 27, 2016 10:58 AM MST
      November 26, 2016 10:13 PM MST

• Perhaps you should look into it a little deeper Cruiser. 
    Many mental conditions come associated with a certain group of mannerisms and looks. I'm sure you'd agree that Down Dyndome individuals certainly display common characteristics.
    Many people with lots of experience have recognized signs of autism in the kid. That doesn't mean he's autistic, it only means that he may show signs that he may be.
      November 27, 2016 8:30 AM MST

• Quit being silly.   The thread is defending him, not attacking him.  The only one being ignorant is you in this unwarranted retort.

It is clearly a defense of the lad from people who are ripping him apart for odd behavior and calling people to stop picking and judging the kid.  A little ability in reading comprehension goes a long way my dude.
      November 27, 2016 9:00 AM MST

• I admire your self control there buddy, I'm sure "silly" is not the word you were really thinking about.
      November 27, 2016 9:21 AM MST

He didn't even WATCH the video. 

I think he thinks autism is some word I am using to denigrate this young boy.  NO.  I actually think this tape has merit.  I would never do what he is accusing me of.  He thinks I hate Trump so I would stoop to Trump tactics when I attack.

Anything I have attacked Trump for, is something he has done.  This little boy has a disease.  I am not a moron. 

It is very interesting as well to see TRUMP giving speeches on autism.  I mean, when does he ever back a disease?  Does he talk about cancer, or MS or Cerebral Palsy?  Never.

He doesn't care at all.  But because his son has something he can personally relate to, he is all over this subject.
      November 27, 2016 10:57 AM MST

• Aye.
    He might have a disease.   we can't be certain based on some video clips.  Really no label either way should be applied or assumed.  Children should just be left alone and not talked about period.  We are guilty.

"It is very interesting as well to see TRUMP giving speeches on autism.  I mean, when does he ever back a disease?  Does he talk about cancer, or MS or Cerebral Palsy?  Never."

Even here his son is being used as political fodder.
      November 27, 2016 11:31 AM MST

This doesn't show any fodder.  It is an observation that could be made of anyone that is in public.  It is not something shameful that needs to be hidden.  I just hope he can handle the ruckus going on around him. 

November 27, 2016 11:33 AM MST