Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why should Donald demand Cuba be more democratic in order to trade with them, when he doesn't do that to China, or Saudi Arabia?

Why should Donald demand Cuba be more democratic in order to trade with them, when he doesn't do that to China, or Saudi Arabia?

1. Foreign policy. Is it in our foreign policy not to do business with non-democratic countries? We do business with Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc. 
2. We don't demand that. We even support dictators with their coups, when they take down governments! Nicaragua, Honduras, etc. 

Posted - November 30, 2016

Responses

• I agree... the policy is very inconsistent and illogically applied. And I think this is why i ask so many questions and make so many comments... i am truly confused as to why the powers that be in America like some immigrants but hate others, (ISIS excepted) and like this country but not that country.... believe in God but not this or that Christian denomination... It's all odd to me..
      November 30, 2016 7:57 AM MST

Because Trump is a nincompoop who cannot connect the dots. We'll see more and more of this as time goes on. Government by nincompoopery.
      November 30, 2016 9:00 AM MST