Discussion » Questions » Military » Is a person with a military background more or less apt to be pro war? Any of you vets out there. Where are you on that issue? Why?

Is a person with a military background more or less apt to be pro war? Any of you vets out there. Where are you on that issue? Why?

Posted - December 2, 2016

Responses

In my opinion the vast majority of military vets are anti-war. Knowing first hand the pain, the anguish, the horrific results of war makes the majority anti war. Having said that it also makes us the first to want to go and defend our country and the down trodden. To prevent them from having to suffer the consequences of war.
      January 9, 2017 3:12 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Ancient One. How do you personally decide if a war is just or unjust? The government doesn't always tell you the truth. The Iraq War for instance. Do you only know if a war is just after the fact? Thank you for your service to our country. I'm very glad you survived your experiences. I have never served in the military so my views are purely opinions. I think if I had seen first-seen my buddies being blown up  and were responsible for taking "enemy" lives I would at all costs want to avoid going through that again or causing others to go through that again. It has to have changed you  in some ways. Are those ways positive or harmful? Happy Monday to you! :)
      January 9, 2017 3:27 AM MST