Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Are you great with dogs, but not great enough to want to own one?

Are you great with dogs, but not great enough to want to own one?

Posted - December 4, 2016

Responses

• Nah. I love my close friend's dog, but only because he's more like a cat than a dog. I'm a cat person through and through. 
      December 4, 2016 1:28 PM MST

• Some of my best friends are dogs.

Dogs are nicer than people. If they bite you it's only with their teeth; people can bite you *sniff* with their words.
      December 4, 2016 1:42 PM MST

• *applause* Great post.
      December 4, 2016 1:49 PM MST

• I am great enough to own two, and all dogs love me. You can't buy it, you're born with it.
      December 4, 2016 1:45 PM MST

• I'll pay that. :)
      December 4, 2016 1:51 PM MST

• I am good with dogs.. not great...I used to be a dog person and I still like dogs of course .. lol but saw the error of my ways and became a pussy lover - cats that is, I have 6 of them :)
      December 4, 2016 1:57 PM MST

• Don't dis the dogs, sister.
      December 4, 2016 1:58 PM MST

• Oh boy! You and I went in different directions. I'm no longer... well... ah...
    We'd better let that go. :(
      December 4, 2016 2:20 PM MST

Harley: The Best Dog Ever deemed me worthy. I'll accept his judgement.

This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at September 23, 2022 2:51 PM MDT
      December 4, 2016 2:03 PM MST

• Some kind of terrier mix?
      December 4, 2016 2:51 PM MST

@Glis -- Harley was a mutt we adopted from a rescue organization and we were not given much information about his lineage.

We ***think*** he was part Scottish Deerhound (many of his behaviors fit the breed to a T) and part something significantly smaller. It was my honor to be his favorite person.
      December 4, 2016 3:29 PM MST

• Mine's a rescue too.  Found running around a large local forested park.  The vet and us kinda think she was transitioning to feral based on some of her behaviors when she was young.  Nothing mean or defensive really though.
      December 4, 2016 3:33 PM MST

• Nope.  I'm great with dogs and always want them around.  They are the best pets and friends a person can have.
    Cats on other hand.  That's another story.  I get along fine with them but have no desire to have the filthy little things around and my house smelling like stale piss.
      December 4, 2016 2:50 PM MST

• Since I had my Basset Hound put to sleep a week or so back? This is the first time in my life that I haven't had a dog. My parents watched my dog while I was gone in Southeast Asia for seven years. So quiet around here now ! 
      December 4, 2016 3:00 PM MST

• Grew up with dogs.
    Can't own one now due to need to protect wallabies and wildlife on our land.
    Love petting and playing with dogs in public places if owners give permission.
      December 4, 2016 6:13 PM MST

To me, life without dogs is no life at all!
      December 4, 2016 10:57 PM MST

Smart of Old School to say @_____ when responding here! You can distinguish the Benedict Arnolds! 

Dogs rule. 
      September 23, 2022 2:55 PM MDT