Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Environment » How man bobcats do you suspect are currently asleep, within a hundred-mile radius of your home?

How man bobcats do you suspect are currently asleep, within a hundred-mile radius of your home?

Image result for sleeping bobcat pics   Make that how MANY.

Posted - December 6, 2016

Responses

• At this time they are just starting to bed down for the night.   In a hundred mile radius?   Shoot. I don't know   A lot. They are pretty damn common.   I've trapped a few in my time.
      December 6, 2016 6:32 PM MST

• Well, damn it, I expected ya to know! Can ya get out there and find them and count them? I wanna know.

Trapped???????? Say it isn't so! shocked
      December 6, 2016 6:45 PM MST

• I know that there are three that patrol the area immediately around me.   There's also some odd lynx here and there.
      December 6, 2016 6:55 PM MST

• Lynx? Oh man, awesome. May I ask your state?
      December 6, 2016 7:06 PM MST

• NY.   Lynx aren't common.   Sometimes a few cross over the frozen river once in awhile.   You see them on the ice if you're lucky.
      December 6, 2016 7:16 PM MST

• Oh, I know they aren't. Awesome.
      December 6, 2016 7:18 PM MST

Unless there are some at the Honolulu Zoo or in some rich eccentric person's exotic pet collection, the most likely answer is none.
      December 6, 2016 6:35 PM MST

• Oh you don't know about the rare and vicious kauʻi Ka Liholiho bobcat?
    You're lucky, for the love of god I hope it stays that way for you.
      December 6, 2016 6:39 PM MST

• Hawaii, huh? Well, how about you go and find the few bobcats that there may be, eh, and get back to me?

questioning suspicious eyebrow raise ferris bueller's day off snooty
      December 6, 2016 6:48 PM MST

Here you go!....;-D...

December 6, 2016 6:50 PM MST

• Captain Obvious laughing laugh belly laugh
      December 6, 2016 6:52 PM MST

None.  They are nocturnal and it is nighttime here right now. How many live within that range? There are probably over 2500 that live in that radius. I live near a lot of protected wood and wetlands. I have even seen one about a half mile from my house.
      December 6, 2016 8:06 PM MST

They are everywhere here.  They can be seen walking down the sidewalk sometimes.  There was one on a roof a block away from here not long ago.  People don't like them because they will eat pets.  No reports of them bothering people including children.  I believe a child would engage a bobcat unaware that it might be a danger to him or her.  Back home we had mountain lions, a cousin to bobcats.  They were much more scary. 
      December 6, 2016 9:15 PM MST

• Oh my God! So...................you should be able to count them, then?!

film 90s pretty wink blonde
      December 6, 2016 10:08 PM MST

Nope.  They are game animals here too.  The article says black bobcats have been seen here but I've not seen or heard anyone say they have seen the black ones.   

http://fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/news/2012-11-28/Outdoors/THE_LIVING_GULF_COAST.html This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 7, 2016 9:29 PM MST
      December 7, 2016 3:09 PM MST

• Black bobcats? Hmmm. Who knew?!
      December 7, 2016 9:30 PM MST

• In round figures, none. But there are quite a lot of kangaroos and more than enough wombats.
      December 6, 2016 9:31 PM MST

• Nat Geo Wild  animals australia nat geo wild chase

wombat cornintensity

Hey, he's eating my corn! Damn it!!!

HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE   angry the orchard come at me bro sam neill
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 6, 2016 10:24 PM MST
      December 6, 2016 10:14 PM MST

• Eating your corn is the least of it. When they cross the road at night they're a traffic hazard. It's like running into a tank.
      December 6, 2016 10:24 PM MST

• Yes, my corn is out the window, now.
    Oh no. Breaks my heart. Such cute little corn cobs, they are. 
    cry baby
      December 6, 2016 10:28 PM MST