Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » How is your Christmas shopping going?

How is your Christmas shopping going?

Mine hasn't even started. :-(

Posted - December 7, 2016

Responses

• Pretty good.   Mostly done. Might go and pick up a few little things, but that's it.
      December 7, 2016 9:09 AM MST

Most of the time I give gift cards. That way they can buy what they want.
      December 7, 2016 9:11 AM MST

• I actually don't *do* Christmas shopping and I guess I am fascinated by others who do and who seem to scurry around over this Christmas thing :P I just buy for my three kids.. done.. sorted.. no one else.. and mostly they tell me what they want so really easy - no stress
      December 7, 2016 9:21 AM MST

• Christmas is the only time I actually like shopping.   Despite the crowds, I think it's less stressful than the rest of the year.

Let me explain.  Most of the year you are forced to deal with people who just mosey around,walk down isles shoulder to shoulder in groups at a snails pace so you can't get by them, stop mid-isle abruptly as if they don't sense you are right behind them,  take up as much space as they can, stop to talk to others while in the way, etc.  Just wasting time at the store as if it's a nice place to be.

During Christmas shopping season though. While the crowds are bigger.  Everyone is on a clear mission to get there stuff and get out.  Nice and efficient and how it should be the rest of the year.  People stop dragging their damn feet and get moving while they are shopping so you don't have to deal with them just walking painfully slow while they stare into nothing and just take up space in the isles.  It lights a much needed fire under their a**es to actually make a damn decision and start moving. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 7, 2016 9:36 AM MST
      December 7, 2016 9:30 AM MST

• LOL Ok good point, very good point.. And I am certain that there is a special *atmosphere* that you only have during Christmas shopping season.. 

I just hate shopping full stop; I despise it... and practically never go into town.  SO i guess for me I still prefer not to have to do the whole CHristmas shopping thing 
      December 7, 2016 9:38 AM MST

• 11 months out of the year,  I avoid like the plague. 
    I think the atmosphere plays a big role into it too.  The lights, decorations,  Santa villages, Christmas songs.   It does kinda have a nostalgic effect on me. Plus I find more comfort being able to hide in the crowd.  While the rest of the year I get an all eyes on me feel at the malls and stores.
      December 7, 2016 9:46 AM MST

@Daydreambeliever, good idea! Thanks!
      December 8, 2016 9:50 AM MST

It's going as well as it can. My niece is impossible to shop for she's at that age she's not giving much input on what she wants. So I'm twiddling my thumbs hoping that I'm getting her what she wants. 
      December 7, 2016 9:39 AM MST

• BB gun.  
      December 7, 2016 10:07 AM MST

@Juju, give her a book. 
      December 8, 2016 9:51 AM MST

i don't do Xmas shopping...:)
      December 7, 2016 9:51 AM MST

I plan to have it all finished next week. That is actually late for me. I am usually done before Thanksgiving....and the main gifts in Oct. 
      December 7, 2016 10:14 AM MST

I got caught doing my Christmas shop lifting. 
      December 7, 2016 10:29 AM MST

@kittigate, shoplifting? Noooooooooo! 
      December 8, 2016 10:02 AM MST

The frozen turkey slid out from under my jacket. 
      December 8, 2016 7:16 PM MST

My Christmas shopping is going like this - tis the season to be jolly fa la  a la la la. I love Christmas shopping  it's the only time of year that I'm not a tight wad - we went to wallmart on the weekend and my shopping buggy was over flowing with Christmas stuff. Cheers!
      December 7, 2016 10:44 AM MST

I don't...so I guess it is done.
      December 7, 2016 11:41 AM MST

@Element, lucky for you, not spending money! I'm not buying much either. 
      December 8, 2016 10:03 AM MST

I'm done with mine. I'm just doing the Angel Tree this year, I hope my little goober likes his presents. :)
    As for my family, we just like to sit around and watch Christmas specials. We're pretty content with what we have already.
      December 7, 2016 12:02 PM MST

@Patchouli, sounds like a wonderful, cozy idea. 
      December 8, 2016 10:05 AM MST

I haven't started yet, either. I just got paid, though, so I should start and finish my shopping by next Monday. Just have work these next few days, and I work long days, so I have no time for anything but work. Oh well. Maybe if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll go for the next few days, stay up too late, and just get it over with. I don't fancy spending time in crowded stores, so I try to give "personal" gifts as often as I can, but I still feel it necessary to add a little more, like chocolate, or some small treasure, maybe on the expensive side. One gift is good enough, if it's thoughtful and I know it's something the person will use. 
      December 7, 2016 1:02 PM MST

@Lovelywarpedlemon, thanks for sharing! Have fun doing your shopping. 
      December 8, 2016 10:07 AM MST

I'm almost done.  I hate shopping at the last minute and bucking all the crowds.
      December 7, 2016 3:16 PM MST

@M., crowds will get worse the closer to Christmas. It gets hectic. 
      December 8, 2016 10:08 AM MST