Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » There's a hole in your bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza........

There's a hole in your bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza........

There's a hole in your bucket, dear Liza, a hole. Now, tell me...........why is there a hole in Liza's bucket?

Part2~~~why the hell wouldn't Henry fix the hole?

Part3~~~doesn't that Liza look like Nicole Kidman, further on down the page? WTH?!

Posted - December 10, 2016

Responses

• Part 4 .... I'm gonna have this stupid song in my head all night now :/ I think you're my nemesis now ... 
      December 10, 2016 7:23 PM MST

There is no hole in Liza's bucket....the hole is in Georgie's bucket.  
    (Who is Henry?)

December 10, 2016 7:46 PM MST

• Well, I tried to send the song with pics, but for some reason, it didn't work. Let me try HERE...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzm9urjQbWU See Henry for yourself.

Can't find the one with the Nicole Kidman look-alike. Oh well. Forget part 3. Um..........Georgie???
      December 10, 2016 7:51 PM MST

I was taught the song with Georgie.....we had to sing it in elementary school. I did Google and most are saying Henry. 
    But did find a similar song about a jug with a hole and it has Georgie. 
      December 10, 2016 8:02 PM MST

• Yes, elementary school, exactly. Hmm, a Georgie and a jug, eh? Well, Georgie can suck his jug and Henry needs a boot in the arse, for not fixing Liza's hole. (in her bucket...get your mind outta the gutter)

RuPaul's Drag Race laughing rupauls drag race rupaul logo tv
      December 10, 2016 8:06 PM MST

• As kids we learned Dear Liza too.  Never hear it any other way.
    I would assume it's one of those regional things as the the specific name.  A lot of children's songs are slightly different region by region.
      December 10, 2016 9:41 PM MST

• Nope, never hear that song. (except in my head)
    Could be. (regional)
      December 11, 2016 11:38 AM MST

December 10, 2016 9:40 PM MST

• Thanks for sharing. I don't honestly remember what name I learned, be it Georgie or Henry. I THINK Henry, though.
      December 11, 2016 11:40 AM MST