Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » According to the Bible, who really controls the world?

According to the Bible, who really controls the world?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102013400?q=%22who+really+controls+the+world%22&p=par

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

Hello AL, right you are. Thank you for your answer and the scriptures!
      December 13, 2016 4:28 AM MST

Control is really in the hands of whoever wins in the end.
      December 13, 2016 8:43 AM MST

God wins in the end. 
      December 13, 2016 5:27 PM MST

According to the bible but sure taking his time allowing sin and suffering to continue un-necessarily for thousands of years. 
      December 13, 2016 6:35 PM MST

Would rather those born in those thousands of years be destroyed without a chance to be saved?
      February 26, 2019 6:07 AM MST

Everyone needs a chance to be saved if Christian beliefs are true . There are many religions and all their scriptures are written by people who were inspired by their belief in the gods. 
    Is there really any such thing as a true religion? Maybe Buddhism. 
      February 26, 2019 7:16 AM MST

Yes, that is what I believe as a Christian. That is why we are here. To chose to follow God or not. 
      February 26, 2019 9:43 AM MST

We agree.

I mean strictly just the last sentence you typed here.  LOL  That.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 26, 2019 9:46 AM MST
      February 26, 2019 9:44 AM MST

Following one's intuitive/rational thought can work quite well or I think sometimes better than following scriptures. 
      February 26, 2019 10:03 AM MST

You are right.  It is everything.  But it is nice to have a guide who has been there already.

February 26, 2019 10:20 AM MST

Yes, I suppose;  everyone's experience can mean something. 
      February 26, 2019 10:23 AM MST

I love how you tune me out.  

It's okay.  I know I am not profound.  

February 26, 2019 10:24 AM MST

Here's 1 John 5:18

We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him. 

So what does it mean for those who are born of God that the "evil one" controls the world?
      December 13, 2016 1:49 PM MST

Not sure what point you are trying to make? Do you disagree with the scriptures that identify Satan as the ruler of the world?
    (1 John 5:18, 19) We know that everyone who has been born from God does not practice sin, but the one born from God watches him, and the wicked one cannot take hold of him. 19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.
    (Luke 4:6) Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
    (John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
    (John 14:30) I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.
    (John 16:11) then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

EDIT: Even the faithful witness Antipas was killed where Satan is dwelling, that is on the earth, where Satan's throne it.
    (Revelation 2:13) ‘I know where you are dwelling, that is, where the throne of Satan is; and yet you keep holding fast to my name, and you did not deny your faith in me even in the days of Anʹti·pas, my faithful witness, who was killed by your side, where Satan is dwelling. This post was edited by texasescimo at February 26, 2019 6:08 AM MST
      December 13, 2016 5:15 PM MST

I think the essence of all spiritual works seeking to unveil the hidden, is the same message.  THE SOURCE or GOD controls everything forever.

However, He did create the Universe and the Universe is Maya, to the Hindus and Buddhists and the physical to the Christians and many other religions.  I believed as a Christian that I was here and would die and my soul would go to heaven or hell.  Whatever. 

So, my point would be that the physical is fake.  It is a brief walk upon a stage that is meant to teach and show lessons.  That is my take.  Any take you choose still speaks to the fact that most belief systems think that this is not real and death is the door to an eternity that the soul enjoys or is punished in some way.  (the latter is probably not as we imagine, if true).
      February 26, 2019 10:16 AM MST

Jesus referred to Satan as “the ruler of this world” (John 12:31), and Paul calls him “the prince of the power of the air” (Ephesians 2:2) and “the god of this world” (2 Corinthians 4:4). John makes a further distinction when he says: “We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19). Which now leaves us with the question: In what sense does Satan “rule” the world?

The Bible often uses “the world” or “this world” to refer to the present evil system of opposition to God. So, the Bible never teaches that Satan actually rules over the entire world, but that he is ruler over the current system of sinful opposition to God. In other words, he’s leading the rebellion against God.

The book of Job talks about the limited nature of Satan’s power. Satan came before God with other heavenly beings (Job 1:6), and God asked him where he had been (1:7). Satan tells him, and God asks if he knows about his servant, Job (1:8). Satan challenges God, saying he’s put a hedge around him and blessed him, and Satan "asks" God to take away the hedge, threatening that if he did, Job would curse God to his face (1:10-11). God removes the hedge of blessing around Job’s life but restricts Satan’s activity. Satan rules certain aspects of this world but not the entire world. :)
      February 26, 2019 10:36 AM MST