Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Does the winter weather and lack of daylight hours increase amount of the time you spend online? Or are you an indoorsy type anyway?

Does the winter weather and lack of daylight hours increase amount of the time you spend online? Or are you an indoorsy type anyway?

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

• Quick rundown on my day ... 39 C ... Not qualified to answer lol
      December 13, 2016 2:16 AM MST

Wow! That's HOT!

I think that unless it's really frigid, it's the lack of daylight hours that affects me more. I'm glad I don't seem to have that seasonal affective disorder thing, but it's just a bummer being dark so early. I enjoy the outdoors!

Thanks for replying!
      December 13, 2016 6:27 PM MST

• That's okay ... and yes. .. diurnal  rhythms do screw up the physch
      December 13, 2016 7:44 PM MST

• Here in the land of Oz, it's close to Summer Solstice on the 21st.
    At my subtropical latitude, the heat and humidity are often unbearable in the middle of the day, so I'm now doing most of my outdoor chores before 10am and then retreating indoors to indulge in reading, writing, and aM.
    As to type - outdoorsy enough to have a light honey tan on otherwise pale skin: indoorsy enough to love escaping from the heavy sweat and insects. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 13, 2016 4:47 PM MST
      December 13, 2016 3:32 AM MST

Yeah, either too hot or too cold is uncomfortable, for sure. You probably love it when it's "cold" there!

Sunscreen is your friend, always remember that! Sun=premature aging! Of course, seems like you've got a big hat! : )

Thanks for your response and happy Summer Solstice!
      December 13, 2016 6:29 PM MST

I live in Phoenix.  People come here to get away from the winter weather.  So, that one doesn't fly for me.
      December 13, 2016 4:45 AM MST

I don't think I could do that, would be too hot to enjoy the summer when it's actually LIGHT more than 9 hours/day! I'll probably change my tune in another month, though. I really just need a summer home and a winter one! Ha!

Thanks for replying, Sharonna!
      December 13, 2016 6:32 PM MST

I'm fairly indoorsy as it is, but I love the cold, so I'm outside more often
      December 13, 2016 7:06 AM MST

I do like snow, but if there's none of that, cold gets on my nerves. I enjoy being outside.

Thanks for replying!
      December 13, 2016 6:34 PM MST

The opposite.  Here, the Summers are very hot and miserable and I tend to stay inside more.  The Winters are pleasant and I'm outside much much more.  Today  the high is 82 which is still warm but many days are in the high 60s and low 70s which is just perfect.  Winter is when I love to go over and walk on the beach.  I wish our population didn't double in the Winter but it does.  Can't have everything.  ;)
      December 13, 2016 2:38 PM MST

Yes, too hot is just as bad as too cold, I agree. I enjoy each season (there are 4 distinct ones here), but moderate temps are best for outdoor activities. It's tough when you leave and return home from work in the darkness, though. As you say, you can't have everything!

Thanks for replying!
      December 13, 2016 6:38 PM MST