Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What's the weirdest drink that you've tried?

What's the weirdest drink that you've tried?

I like trying new foods and drinks... and I've ran across a few... odd ones to say the least. Pumpkin Pie soda was probably my least favorite while Rose Lemonade was one of my favorites. What about you?

Posted - December 14, 2016

Responses

• I just mentioned trying this a few days ago, but it was an old mixed drink from an old bartenders book that had raw egg whites and rye whiskey in it.
    It tasted like rye whiskey and egg whites with a hint of mint.

December 14, 2016 6:53 PM MST

That is definitely weird.... I don't know if I could've drank that.
      December 14, 2016 6:55 PM MST

• There's an old bar in Alaska apparently that has Some spirit with a dead guys toe I think in the bottle ... Definitely not me lol
      December 14, 2016 6:56 PM MST

lol
      December 14, 2016 7:00 PM MST

• :)
      December 14, 2016 7:00 PM MST

• Curiosity and the chance  of a free drink was overwhelming.
      December 14, 2016 6:57 PM MST

Yeah, curosity + free would do it. I know I picked up a bottle of tangerine IPA one day since it was sale. Never again -_- Curiosity was fulfilled and it was horrendous
      December 14, 2016 7:01 PM MST

• lol..   Someone was telling me about trying a grapefruit IPA recently and didn't seem too impressed.
    Beer + citrus = 0

Honestly I think all IPAs are terrible, but that's me.  Lot's of people like them. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2016 7:08 PM MST
      December 14, 2016 7:05 PM MST

I usually just grab a bottle of something I haven't tried yet. The IPA smelled really good, but the taste... not so much.  I don't drink enough to pick favorites, but I've been avoiding IPAs and any beer made with coffee.

You live and learn, right?
      December 14, 2016 7:08 PM MST

Buttermilk. YUCK!
      December 14, 2016 7:43 PM MST

Especially if you drink some and you didn't realize what milk you've gotten!
      December 14, 2016 7:50 PM MST

• Horchata. Sorry, it tastes weird to me. Also, I tried some beer that was gluten free, and I just can't tolerate drinks that pretend to be something, when I can have the something.
      December 14, 2016 8:01 PM MST

I haven't tried Horchata before.
      December 14, 2016 8:08 PM MST

The nastiest beverage I have ever tried was Doogh.  We were in a Persian (I believe the owners were Iranian)  restaurant and they served all three of us Doogh after we could not eat anything they had brought to the table.  Everything had the same horrible flavor, including the Doogh.  It is the only time I have, in public, spit a sip of a beverage back into the glass.  This was an expensive restaurant with beautiful decor and appointments.  I will never forget this meal; none of us will.  It is still talked about from time to time and  this happened probably 20 years ago. 

No matter how bad a restaurant or meal is, we always say ....it could be worse.....Doogh.

I have to say that Lebanese Arak is pretty awful as well.  I didn't have to spit my one sip out though.  ;)
      December 14, 2016 8:10 PM MST

I could only imagine
      December 14, 2016 8:13 PM MST

The stuff that comes in an answer mug.
      December 14, 2016 8:46 PM MST

In Fiji, I bought a drink called Kava. It was disgusting and tasted like muddy water. 
      December 14, 2016 9:57 PM MST

• I'm not very adventurous when it comes to drinks. Outside of what I drink at a party, I almost exclusively drink water. Don't like coffee or wine or beer or anything like that. That said, I have had some varieties of "jungle juice" (a monstrous concoction one finds at frat parties made of like 10 different alcohols and fruit juices) that were a bit off-the-wall. 
      December 14, 2016 11:08 PM MST

• "Rock N Rye Old Fashioned" ... not that the drink is so weird, as the reason I drank it.

Sitting in a bar, my friend says, "Whatcha drinkin'? I told him that I had a sore throat and didn't want anything.
    He said, "Barkeep, give my friend something for his sore throat!" After three of them, my throat felt great!

(Disclaimer: According to the Bartender, there's a sugar cube put into the bottle of Rock 'n Rye, during manufacturing, and that's what helps the soreness.)

December 20, 2016 1:11 PM MST