Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you celebrate the birth of a Jewish guy by having a nice big ham dinner every Christmas?

Do you celebrate the birth of a Jewish guy by having a nice big ham dinner every Christmas?

Almost nobody ever sees the irony lol!

Posted - December 15, 2016

Responses

• We usually have some clams too.
      December 15, 2016 6:31 PM MST

• Hahahaha. For Christ's sake.
      December 15, 2016 7:39 PM MST

Roast pork is the way to go.
      December 15, 2016 9:55 PM MST

Ham? No. I am too poor for that. Maybe I will buy some roasted chicken and that's it.
      December 15, 2016 9:57 PM MST

Yes, and the irony started with Paul who was himself a Jew.

While Jesus observed the law of Moses including the prohibition on eating pig and warned that “Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven" [Matthew 5:19] Paul taught that the law was a curse when, in Galatians 3:13, he said that "Christ redeemed us from THE CURSE OF THE LAW" and in Galatians 5:1 warns, "Now MAKE SURE THAT YOU STAY FREE, and don't get tied up again in SLAVERY TO THE LAW"

Jesus was circumcised in accordance with God's EVERLASTING covenant with Abraham, Genesis 17:10-14 but in 1 Corinthians 7:17-20 Paul declared circumcision abolished, saying “so ordain I in all churches”
      December 25, 2016 10:22 AM MST