Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Can you imagine Trump saying something BAD about Putin, and the heinous destruction of Aleppo by Russian and Syrian forces? I can't.

Can you imagine Trump saying something BAD about Putin, and the heinous destruction of Aleppo by Russian and Syrian forces? I can't.

Posted - December 16, 2016

Responses

Of course the Western media is censored from saying anything about the US backed rebels' contribution to the destruction of said city.
      December 16, 2016 9:51 AM MST

• FUBAR is the word for everything going on there. There is no "good guys" in it.
      December 16, 2016 10:04 AM MST

Why would he do that? At the least Russian policy makes sense. They have chosen whose side they are on.

The west has backed the "Syrian rebels", almost all of whom are just radical jihadists, against a secular government. A completely nonsensical policy guaranteed to produce chaos (which I believe was their deliberate intention from the outset).

Western policy should have been to stabilize the region and suppress radical Islam. Assad is an angel compared to the jihadists.

Mass suffering of innocents in the chaos that followed was inevitable. At last Russia is trying to put an end to this. The west seems determined to keep it going. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at December 16, 2016 1:17 PM MST
      December 16, 2016 10:39 AM MST

• Russian policy makes sense???? and this from a guy who supposedly hates communism and leftist ethos???? wow Comrade Trumpian how the mighty are now becoming obedient servants to their ex enemy the Russians.
      December 16, 2016 11:25 AM MST

• Russian policy makes sense???? and this from a guy who supposedly hates communism and leftist ethos???? wow Comrade Trumpian how the mighty are now becoming obedient servants to their ex enemy the Russians.
      December 16, 2016 11:25 AM MST

Firstly Russia isn't communist. Its political landscape is complex and can't be directly compared to the west.

My distaste for leftism is not relevant to Russian policy in Syria. This is about radical Islam vs secularism, not left vs right.

I'm quite capable of being critical of certain aspects of Russian policy and approving of other aspects. You see this as contradictory because your world view is as shallow as a puddle. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at December 16, 2016 11:44 AM MST
      December 16, 2016 11:43 AM MST

Mine isn't.  You say a lot of very VERY shallow things yourself, young man.  But you are right.  Secularism is not left vs. right.   The Communists are LEFT.  They seem to have a lot of things in common with us.  Like wanting to kill anyone who isn't like us. 
      December 16, 2016 11:47 AM MST

• Russia IS  a communist country.. whatever the claims of democracy it's obvious that no one apart from Putin and his own party have any say.. The party acts like a dictator and the ethos it's not capitalist!! Russia isnt complex.. it just captured and invaded and subjugated a lot of other countries.. but they ARE all now to all intents and purposes communist too.  No one else has a say.. look what happens when a country tries to break free!! It cannot be compared to the west because we do NOT invade other countries by violence and we are not communist. IN reality it's not a democracy if no one else is allowed to win!

By the way perhaps cast a glance at your wording.. you cross the line into personal insult.. I based my observation that you are anti leftist on your own words.. I didn't insult you just reflected your own words.  whereas you have actively engaged in personal insult.. a sure sign you do not have anything worthwhile to contribute. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 16, 2016 3:55 PM MST
      December 16, 2016 12:58 PM MST

No, because he only sees himself in Putin. 
      December 16, 2016 11:55 AM MST