Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Life has existed on Earth for 3.5 billion years, will end when conditions become unsuitable. Do you think life had any meaning or purpose?

Life has existed on Earth for 3.5 billion years, will end when conditions become unsuitable. Do you think life had any meaning or purpose?

Did 'we'  accomplish anything of any great significance that time cannot ever forget?

Posted - December 17, 2016

Responses

I like this picture as much as bowling ball kitty.
      December 19, 2016 8:56 AM MST

• So hypothetical. The only way word gets around of anything "God" does is by people. People claiming to be prophets while somehow religious people claim to know who is false and who is real. I could see how one would see God is evil. Since mankind supposedly said they knew the word of God and since we can't possibly know... how can we assume to know who or what this God condoned or condemned? How do we know God didn't justify genocide?

My guess is when people pull that much wool over one's eyes they are hiding something I don't care who you are. It's suspicious.
      December 20, 2016 11:55 PM MST

• Of course we accomplished things.. like making species endangered and killing .... honestly.... the earth would flourish without us. Either way there's no telling if something else would be in its place maybe.

I think the purpose is too live and not take things for granted with the irony being that we do take things for granted all the time. People miss the point. It isn't how much of a materialistic impact we make (not saying you said that) but it's about just enjoying time with others while you have it. It's the small things not even necessarily with people but just enjoying as is.
      December 20, 2016 11:41 PM MST

Do you think life had any meaning or purpose?

Did 'we' accomplish anything of any great significance that time cannot ever forget?

=====================================================================

Yes, we've been and are still on a journey of discovery.

Thanks to the efforts of past generations we know more than they did, and thanks to our efforts future generations will know more than we do.

We have done a lot, both good and bad, constructive and destructive.

We have worked on many assumptions. Some have proven correct, some incorrect while others, like the existence of God, remain indismissable. 
      December 25, 2016 11:51 AM MST

If we are immortal, this is only one mode of existence for us.  It has a beginning and an end.  I assume we will eventually understand how our experience here was meant to affect us.
      December 25, 2016 12:05 PM MST

A generation is going, and a generation is coming,  but the earth remains forever. (eclesiástes 1:4) when God created this planet his purpose was for it to last forever. It remains as such. 
      December 30, 2016 12:26 AM MST