Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » DO YOU EVER THINK OF WHAT WAS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE WHEN.............

DO YOU EVER THINK OF WHAT WAS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE WHEN.............

You see the year a movie was released, or a book, or an event that happened in the past?

I don't think I'm phrasing this well!!

but what I mean is, if I see that a movie was made in 1947, I automatically think; 'that's when I was in the first grade"......or a news event that happened in 1960, I"ll think 'that's when I graduated high school"......and so on.

hope this doesn't sound too strange..

but surely I'm not only one who does this?

hmmmmmm?

lol

:-D

Posted - July 6, 2016

Responses

No. You are not the only one.  YOU ARE JUST THE ONLY ONE SHOUTING ABOUT IT.

How about shutting off the caps key?

I usually tell history very well that way.   Especially music.  I hear a song,  I can remember what I was doing in that time in history very well through movies and music and it helps me keep track of my life, yes.

I heard this album for the first time when I was 17, and I  knew this group would be my favorite group for years.  It was.  It still brings back all the memories of listening to it way back when.

July 6, 2016 8:50 AM MDT

No i get it. Alot of times its something i remember from childhood. It will be something that came out before i was born. Apparently there wasnt such a need for the next big thing like now adays.
      July 6, 2016 8:53 AM MDT

Ya I do that a lot. Cheers!

July 6, 2016 9:02 AM MDT

Almost with every movie I see, or song I hear. It's interesting to see someone else who notices that kinda thing.

July 6, 2016 11:41 AM MDT

Hey, thanks!! good to know I'm not the only one!!! and here I thought I was 'so special"........LOL......

July 7, 2016 7:50 AM MDT

not really to be honest

July 10, 2016 8:41 PM MDT